Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collector non-card thread. Post pics & talk about unusual collectibles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Two of my most awesomely bad collectibles...

Chicago Nightclub Ad (Kyle Farnsworth, Mark Grace, Kevin Tapani, Mickey Morandini, Steve Trachsel, and Terry Adams)
machomen.jpg

Wrigley Bomb Squad poster (Vance Law, Darrin Jackson, Shawon Dunston, Mike Harkey, Andre Dawson, Damon Berryhill and Mark Grace)
nightheat.jpg

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
I've got a couple neat and different items aside from the standard cards. Some bobbleheads, a souvenir cup, a comic book, a couple of programs. magazines and some newspaper items. Also a few of the slides for card photography. A ticket stub, porcelain magnet as well. I also have one of Frymans Topps contracts. A couple of autographed baseballs, bats and a game used auto'd glove!

FrymanScrappersBH.jpg

FrymanIndiansBH.jpg

FrymanCup.jpg

GiantEagleComic.jpg

TicketStub.jpg

94PorcelainMagnet.jpg

FrymanPizzaHutBall.jpg

FrymanASGlove.jpg

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I have two Amos Otis model gloves. I got one of them signed the last time I saw him.

I don't know much about the Red, White & Blue model. I was told by a guy that used to own a shop that Rawlings made these for the 1976 All-Star team. This is the only one I've ever seen.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not "unusual" stuff but recently got these in:

2001 Brochure for Spring Training
2001RockiesSTBrochure_zpsceeb9801.jpg

Stadium Giveaway Checkbook Cover
RockiesCheckbookCoverSGA_zps0049dcc4.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
This was used to make the 97 Pacific card. Love how much more of the field it shows. Want to get the photo blown up and framed with this and the final card.

1384396042562.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I've bought several 35mm slides over the years. I've gotten a few blown up to 16x20 and framed. Always cool to have some unique, one of a kind photos.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'll intro with an item that other player collectors may appreciate and not just a Garvey fan like me. Window cling…i think it was about 6x9 in size.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
One more and something I have not specifically shared yet anywhere online. These (very few, I might add) showed up on ebay right after they were produced and dried up for good shortly thereafter. Considering how many could have been made (and consumed), I am surprised to have never seen another one since the promotion was live. I wanted full/unopened, but couldn't find anyone in LA who would buy and ship to me. I had to settle for empty. If anyone has a full one tucked away, let me know!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
These can be tricky to win because of all the different players represented. I love this type of thing, but am nervous when more popular players share space with my player...

Then they toss in autographs!! A Garvey collector shouldn't have to pay Mantle and Mays prices for collectibles!!