Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Customs with Premium Relic Pieces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This past week has been quite eventful! I was asked to write my second article for Sports Collectors Daily. I wrote about how to break down and sell a large collection of cards before your wife kills you.

I was also asked to play a part in a commercial! The commercial was for an entry in Crash the Super Bowl for Doritos. I wrote about it and put it in some "Off Topic" forums, but figured I'd post it in this blog posting as well.

Untitled-5.jpg

You can check it out here: https://crashthesuperbowl.doritos.com/gallery/-created/4/4184

Needless to say, I'm not going to be quitting my day job anytime soon, lol!

The video guy who created this posted it on the Doritos site, and so I had my family check it out. I decided to view some of the other entries... guess who is in another entry also?

Jose Canseco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL4TzEQQNmQ&feature=youtu.be

I thought that was really ironic. I mean, what are the odds?

Speaking of Jose, I ended up doing a few customs for my collection. After doing some 1976 customs, I figured I'd try one out of him.

20151119_150117.jpg

Then, I thought - hey! Why not do one of a picture my wife took of him when we were at his house? Here is the back side of it ... so much more interesting than boring old stats :)

20151119_154214.jpg

A few days ago, I saw a video of someone's collection, and as he was flipping through his cards, he showed a dual patch 2007 Ultra Dual Materials. I thought that it looked awesome, so I figured I'd cook up one of my own using this jersey:

20150516_121930.jpg

So, here it is:

20151118_163451.jpg

While I was making it, I kept thinking about how Ultra had Gold and Platinum Medallion parallels. I figured I'd cook up a new one myself. How about an Atomic Medallion?

20151118_163734.jpg

If only 2007 Ultra made it for real, but since it is for my personal collection, I guess this will more than suffice :)

As for premium pieces, I was able to put together a few nice pieces of some Hall of Famers, like Bert Blyleven, Dave Winfield and Paul Molitor. Here they are:

20151119_131005.jpg

20151119_130858.jpg

20151119_130753.jpg

20151119_130711.jpg

20151120_151909.jpg

I realize this isn't nearly as wordy as what I normally post, but I just figured I'd post some of these pics up before the dinner bell rings. Thanks for reading/looking!

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Bad ass car in your commercial, but definitely DO NOT quit your day job!! That commercial was bad. Sorry, but you probably already knew that anyway...

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Thanks guys - just added another Molitor booklet

20151120_151909.jpg

mouschi

May 18, 2012
What do you use to cut your windows?
I use and have used a lot of things but primarily, 2 different cutters, an xacto knife and straight blade.

I was scanning the boards on my phone during a free moment and clicked this thread and as soon as I did I thought 'why did I do that? I don't have time to read this whole thing'.

LOL - you don't want to click on my normal postings then. They are quite a bit longer :) You are not alone though ... I think many people don't read because I'm very wordy. I should just start of with a meme summary at the very top.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Do you have before pics of the cards you destroyed to make the customs?

I do, but I won't post then for fear of having this thread being labeled M for mature, and concern over making the children cry!

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Do you take requests and sell these cards that you make? I'd love to get one of Puckett and would send some game used material cards to use for the card.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Do you take requests and sell these cards that you make? I'd love to get one of Puckett and would send some game used material cards to use for the card.

I definitely take commissioned work - just pm me with any ideas you have!

Members online

No members online now.