Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Heritage Presales?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think this is the year I rip a whole case. Anyone got the best price?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Cases were well over $600 last year as well during pre-sell, unless you mean factory direct cost, which most of us here cannot get.

Yes, i remember they were more last year. The problem now is that Heritage has taken a huge popularity hit. Last years boxes are readily available for $50. there is no reason that this years should be any different. There is nothing that Topps can do to "add value" imo. it's not a RC product (plus, there arent any "golden boy" rookies this year)

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Yes, i remember they were more last year. The problem now is that Heritage has taken a huge popularity hit. Last years boxes are readily available for $50. there is no reason that this years should be any different. There is nothing that Topps can do to "add value" imo. it's not a RC product (plus, there arent any "golden boy" rookies this year)

They can add value by creating an autograph checklist of mostly good names instead of the 80/20 ratio of no names to stars and putting more autos in each case. Not making all the stars/HOFers SSP will also help.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
It's going to be nice to sit back and watch for once. To me, this is the year they killed Heritage. It has strayed too far away from something I would want to collect. It started leaning that way more and more, but building a true master set is impossible with gold chromes /5. Bat knob autos? Autos of players who have no business in Heritage (Andre Dawson?) No thanks, I will keep working on 2001 to 2012.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
It's going to be nice to sit back and watch for once. To me, this is the year they killed Heritage. It has strayed too far away from something I would want to collect. It started leaning that way more and more, but building a true master set is impossible with gold chromes /5. Bat knob autos? Autos of players who have no business in Heritage (Andre Dawson?) No thanks, I will keep working on 2001 to 2012.

The downfall was the money grab known as 2012 Topps Heritage High Number Set when they charged ONE HUNDRED XXXXing dollars for a set that should have been $30 at MOST.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
The downfall was the money grab known as 2012 Topps Heritage High Number Set when they charged ONE HUNDRED XXXXing dollars for a set that should have been $30 at MOST.

Yet you still plunked down $100 for said set. And went on and on how you were going to destroy the autograph you got. Where's the proof that happened?

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Last years boxes are readily available for $50. there is no reason that this years should be any different.

Except that it's a new product. When in the past few years has any new product gone down in presale price before it was released? If people are that worried about the price now, wait until it goes down. But when you get burned when they don't drop to where they should be "in your opinion" don't XXXXX about it...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
[MENTION=2995]mudflap02[/MENTION] - are you still going to pick up black refractors? It'd be a shame if you discontinued that. You have such a nice haul going.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I thought 2012 was actually a decent product. Topps killed it way before last year. 2009, 2010, 2011...all sad products. It is now fact that heritage releases will hit the
50 dollar bin a month or so after the release. The golden days of 2001 are over. There is still enough of the good stuff out there to collect to keep a heritage collector
happy. Remember the days when everyone would buy a case and there would be a huge trading frenzy? I guess got sick of pulling one autograph from a case of some guy
who played 2 days in the majors and 11 common game used cards...that will kind of kill it, even for us stupid set builders.

Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts