Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Buys Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I actually thought the opposite about JP crawford. he's not expected to hit for much power and i don't see much he can do to increase beyond $20 a base auto. he's already being talked about as being an elite ss prospect w/ a bat but limited power and i don't see much changing. i have no knowledge of offseason workouts but wouldn't buy much into that type of stuff.

I made close to a killing this season buying crawford at release. I don't see him as an elite hitter and would MUCH rather repeat my strategy buying BDP this year. I think the good, easily predictable window to cash in, has passed.

Pretty cool how we completely disagree on strategies and find our own ways to make them work for ourselves.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I actually thought the opposite about JP crawford. he's not expected to hit for much power and i don't see much he can do to increase beyond $20 a base auto. he's already being talked about as being an elite ss prospect w/ a bat but limited power and i don't see much changing. i have no knowledge of offseason workouts but wouldn't buy much into that type of stuff.

I made close to a killing this season buying crawford at release. I don't see him as an elite hitter and would MUCH rather repeat my strategy buying BDP this year. I think the good, easily predictable window to cash in, has passed.

Pretty cool how we completely disagree on strategies and find our own ways to make them work for ourselves.

JP crawford hit 11 homers at 2 parks which arent really homer friendly. I actually think he's probably going to hit 15-20 homers a season and will be an above average major league SS...

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
JP crawford hit 11 homers at 2 parks which arent really homer friendly. I actually think he's probably going to hit 15-20 homers a season and will be an above average major league SS...

Who was the youngest full-time player in his league and plays in one of baseball's more collector-friendly markets. He's also viewed as a clear option to take over for Jimmy Rollins and doesn't have any situational issues in his way. Pretty much one good hot-streak will get a spike for profit. They won't go any lower in my opinion.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I dont understand what too late means?

The issue with Lindor in my mind is that if someone were to get in now you'd be banking on a dynamite ST in a weak market or a first month of the season where he absolutely amazes people; low odds in my mind.

Someone getting in now has missed all the peaks and valleys of Lindor in the low-to-middle minors - where in my opinion smart profit is made.

He could easily be mediocre in ST, make the team, but be unimpressive out of the gate.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The issue with Lindor in my mind is that if someone were to get in now you'd be banking on a dynamite ST in a weak market or a first month of the season where he absolutely amazes people; low odds in my mind.

Someone getting in now has missed all the peaks and valleys of Lindor in the low-to-middle minors - where in my opinion smart profit is made.

He could easily be mediocre in ST, make the team, but be unimpressive out of the gate.

At 20 dollars a base and with where he'll land on all the prospect lists, i'm pretty sure you'd make a tidy profit even before spring training. Lindor should be in the top half of every prospect list being published. even if he moves to 30 dollars a base a 50% profit margin is nothing to sneeze at. Lindor, IMO hasnt taken off due to the lack of power he's shown but its starting to come around. Lindor is a little bit of a gamble but I am not too worried and may pick up some more...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Slightly OT - I've completed my annual organizational top 20 prospect lists. Tim will have it up shortly.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I've given serious consideration to investing in Lindor, because of his prices. I haven't, because I don't see the power developing at the MLB level. Speed and avg will be there, and his glove is excellent, but none of those things really sell a card. Power sells.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Here's the player i see when I think of lindor and if you look at their numbers for their 20 year old year, its pretty much the same player...

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=596019#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=595777#/career/R/hitting/2014/ALL

I think lindor will always be in the 13-20 HR level but its developing and continues to develop in the AFL...

Unfortunately, we just don't know about the comparison at this point. If Lindor works out like Profar so far, and it continues, they will both be huge disappointments.

Yes, yes, young, yes.

Members online