Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My new (very old) mitt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Update: I tried different photos with different filters, and no go. Someday this week my wife is going to do some shopping, so I'm gunna have her pick up lexol, which is a leather cleaner/restorer, so hopefully that will help. Will update again after that is done

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Any way you can post a hi-res pic and some of us with photoshop might be able to use different filters to decipher the name.

Is the Spaulding today the same Spaulding back then? I know they've changed hands up-teen times in the last 50 years not sure if the companies that buys them keeps all/any records from previous ownership. We had a Spaulding factory here in Cincy until around 1985, it closed and moved their operation to Pakistan.

EDIT: you may find something here: http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=21

Looking at that message board, it may take you a few days to get an answer.

Fordman

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Update: I think the leather cleaner is taking the name off too :(

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1409697163.839466.jpg

But it looks very long!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1409697198.994964.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Look up John McGraw's sigs and see what you think.

It kinda looks like it, but it's so hard to tell, I can kinda see a John J Mc...so who else? But I also can't find any info about a mitt with a McGraw sig on it

Members online

Latest posts