Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sunday Morning Thread........9/21/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Afternoon.
Mail today
20140921_143402-1.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Doing well here Dan! Just it done visiting family in Cheyenne Wyoming. Hoping to upload some pictures up later today from the game yesterday. It was nice seeing my dad this weekend as well. Last saw him in July. Loaded up on some shirts at the Rockies game yesterday. All star game shirts were 2 for $5, and they had some hats there for $5 as well so I snagged one of those.

I love Wyoming... I can't wait to go back someday. It's so quiet and peaceful.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Is there anyone in the MT that is good at making booklet cards?

I need one for a TTM project that I'm thinking about working on. I want to get a jump on this since it's sort of a rush job.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
@AmishDave

Sorry the STC store was a bust. I've only been there twice, I believe. Once in 09', and once in either '11 or '12 for an Oliva autograph signing.

Glad the Fan Zone worked out for you though.

Fan Zone just opened up a St. Cloud store. Backside of the mall with Target / Macy's / Schnell's Sports, on HWY 15. There's a Famous Dave's. Across the street there's Gurber's Sewing Store or something like that (log siding building). It's there on the avenue and bigger than the store in the mall and then bigger than the Fan Zone in Willmar. SOLID selection of singles. Was so tempted by so much stuff (all non-pc, of course). 50% of prices in the cases and those were some solid prices, some ... eh. If you get over that way, hit it up.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So my mom helped me move some stuff today, so I took her to Rooster's. The waitress was definitely flirting with me. More so than a regular waitress would for a tip. So on my receipt I left my number and said "you should call me sometime". Never did it before, but she was a cutie and said similar to me a few times. Anyone have any luck with this? No idea if she will call or if she even saw it. I think she would have seen it though? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
So my mom helped me move some stuff today, so I took her to Rooster's. The waitress was definitely flirting with me. More so than a regular waitress would for a tip. So on my receipt I left my number and said "you should call me sometime". Never did it before, but she was a cutie and said similar to me a few times. Anyone have any luck with this? No idea if she will call or if she even saw it. I think she would have seen it though? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Worth a shot !

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Fan Zone just opened up a St. Cloud store. Backside of the mall with Target / Macy's / Schnell's Sports, on HWY 15. There's a Famous Dave's. Across the street there's Gurber's Sewing Store or something like that (log siding building). It's there on the avenue and bigger than the store in the mall and then bigger than the Fan Zone in Willmar. SOLID selection of singles. Was so tempted by so much stuff (all non-pc, of course). 50% of prices in the cases and those were some solid prices, some ... eh. If you get over that way, hit it up.

That's pretty cool. I assume it's the old Dugout inventory. I had heard that FZ bought them out and moved them from Sartell to St. Cloud. Must have redone the business shortly afterwords as well. I remember picking up a Matt Kemp auto for $10 during his rampage a couple years back, and it was a $40 card. Still have it too, somewhere.

The owner has an incredible passion for his hobby. I remember meeting them at the mall-show shortly after they opened the business. He basically said it was a labor of love and he wasn't in it for profit, but for the fun of it.

Anyway, did you see any Hunter Dozier stuff floating around the cases at all? I'm just curious if he had a little stash laying around somewhere.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
[MENTION=3743]AmishDave[/MENTION]

Also, I'm watching your video and I thought I'd mention some stuff about Oshie

He was born in WA, but moved to Warroad as a kid. He won a title in '05 against Totino-Grace before going to UND. He lives down south but keeps a summer house in the Brainerd Lakes Area, as well as Scott Hartnell. Quite a few current pros live there in the off-season, which is kind of cool.

And while on the subject of hockey, Go Bulldogs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111454451726?_trksid=p2060778.m2750.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts