Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 World Series - Who Ya Got?

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well at least Cubs fans so far can't blame the series on a curse. The Cubs hitters have just been shut down by the Indians' incredible pitching. I chose the Indians in 7 in the poll, but now I'm thinking 5 or 6.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Don't Suck! But they do. How fitting they get swept at home. Wait till next year again. That team is awful and should be ashamed of themselves on how they have played. It has been another losing season. Sorry but if you do not win it all you have won NOTHING! The Cubs will have nothing to be proud of this year again.
I think the fans for todays game should stay home, why go to the game and torture yourself. It will not be pretty.

Apr 13, 2014
Well at least Cubs fans so far can't blame the series on a curse. The Cubs hitters have just been shut down by the Indians' incredible pitching. I chose the Indians in 7 in the poll, but now I'm thinking 5 or 6.

Curse of Dan Vogelbach perhaps?... future 40/40 player.

40 HR, 40DD cups

:|

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
It is a curse! The Indians pitching is not that great! Look at what the Cubs hitters swing at. I counted 48 pitches the were down the middle that they just stood and took a strike and swung at pitches in the dirt, over the head and 3 feet outside. As for Miller if they just stood there he would walk every hitter.

Apr 13, 2014
Indians were second in AL ERA this year at 3.84, offense was suspiciously good this season around the league.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Well at least Cubs fans so far can't blame the series on a curse.

It's a curse... the curse of the victory celebration room! ;)

i wouldn't write the cubs off yet (even though I want the tribe to win this one). They were down 2 games in the NLCS to the Dodgers and the Dodgers choked. If the Cubs win the WS, it's going to have to be done in the style of the Red Sox 2004 ALCS epic series.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
It is a curse! The Indians pitching is not that great! Look at what the Cubs hitters swing at. I counted 48 pitches the were down the middle that they just stood and took a strike and swung at pitches in the dirt, over the head and 3 feet outside. As for Miller if they just stood there he would walk every hitter.

Indians pitching is actually that great. They absolutely stifled both Boston and Toronto to get to the WS, and those are two of the best offenses in baseball. Now the Cubs appear to be just another notch on their pitching belts en route to the WS crown.

For some reason, they are simply outsmarting the hitters. The same exact thing happened to Boston and Toronto-- Tribe pitching caused them to swing at the bad pitches and watch the good pitches go right through the zone. That tells me the hitters never know what's coming and are either guessing wrong the majority of the time, or their timing is just constantly being upset by the combination of hard fastballs and very sharp breaking pitches. Seems all the Tribe pitchers have lively fastballs and wicked hooks and/or sliders. Hitting is timing and clearly the Cubs timing is off, as was Toronto's and Boston's. You gotta give those pitchers credit. It's cliché, but true: pitching wins championships.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Both teams have consistently swung st balls outside of the strike zone the entire series. Especially against Chapman. That's been a recurring theme the whole playoffs.

I still have Indians in 6.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I still have Indians in 6.

So does fox and directv!!! 😀

Directv guide shows empire, etc on Wed evening and fox promoting the same on their network programming.

I know game 7 if necessary will air in fox but TV listings and onair promos not reflecting that.

Members online