Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION], [MENTION=10698]bigunitcards[/MENTION]...suddenly I am feeling very, very inadequate...:D

I wished I started out sooner with something like this!!!! I tell myself I will someday, but it seems so daunting now!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=10698]bigunitcards[/MENTION] - Your sheet is WAY more detailed then mine but how the hell do you continually update the high and low values of your cards? Do you track the price you paid for each? I thought about doing that but then I just didn't want to know. Do you record the actual serial number of the one you do have? I have thought about doing this and will probably do it here over the winter time.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
@bigunitcards - Your sheet is WAY more detailed then mine but how the hell do you continually update the high and low values of your cards? Do you track the price you paid for each? I thought about doing that but then I just didn't want to know. Do you record the actual serial number of the one you do have? I have thought about doing this and will probably do it here over the winter time.

I just have the Beckett high from when I first made it months back. RJ hasn't had any significant card release presence since 2009 so there shouldn't be much fluxuation in his stuff. Plus I really only use it as a benchmark to gauge pricing and base offers off of.

I had a separate sheet I was tracking big purchases on (high-end cards & Beckett/COMC bulk purchases) but you're right, it gets very concerning when you start looking at how much you've invested in this stuff.

Yes I record the serial of all #'d cards. Its kind of a proof checking system. Plus if I ever lose stuff it will be nice to have the #s of all the auto cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
No chance here for me. Just checked Beckett, and although they don't have all of the items I have, their checklist is only up to 1438.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Burbank and COMC orders on their way... Will have update later this week. Anyone else update their numbers? Any new members??

Hey you're catching me! I have recently went over 7500 and hit a new milestone as far as autos.
I now have over 1000 certified autos.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hey you're catching me! I have recently went over 7500 and hit a new milestone as far as autos.
I now have over 1000 certified autos.

7500 different and 1000 different autos ? Or in total ? Either way impressive !

For those on this list what are you counting as items ? Cards only ? All different items including oddball etc? What else ?

Star sets as 1 item or 1 for the set ?

I've never counted my Clark's really but may to see where I'm at , just curious what the criteria most of you are using ?

Ryan

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Gomes has about 853 cards right now, of which I have 674. I see two ways in which 1,500 cards becomes a reasonable possibility:

1) Gomes hits 74 home runs next year.
2) Topps produces another Moments & Milestones set.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Gomes has about 853 cards right now, of which I have 674. I see two ways in which 1,500 cards becomes a reasonable possibility:

1) Gomes hits 74 home runs next year.
2) Topps produces another Moments & Milestones set.
Yea, don't get too caught up in it. I made a post about this type of stuff at some point in the last few years because in my opinion the # of different cards you have is great as far as milestones but like you said, you will never get 5,000 cards because there isn't that many ever out there to get lol. I give much more weight to % of the cards owned rather than #. For example, I am chasing 90% of Albert Belle's cards but I'm not going to chase 5,000 cards because that is nearly 2x the total cards ever made of him, so that is just stupid for me to think about. I hit the 2,500 milestone and that will probably be my last unless Topps continues what it is doing with his cards in new releases... maybe 3,000.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I passed 1500 for Scott Rolen several months ago, up to 1544 of him. I'm pushing 2000 Glauses, up to 1846 of him. Anyone else here have more than one 1500+ player collection?

Members online