Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Breaking Leaf Ichiro Immortals Collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

There are a few players that I could see this type of product for..

Derek Jeter
Ken Griffey Jr.
Nolan Ryan
Cal Ripken Jr.

These players already have a lot of nice quality auto jersey/patch/dual player cards out there that are not that expensive to obtain.

I'd rather see players like:
Roberto Clemente
Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Ty Cobb
Joe Jackson
Cy Young

product with these players would provide real value

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
We don't make money...
Contrary to the hater belief I'm only in it for the money, the market needs unreal value once in a while .. BG
I usually always side with you BG but what kind of response it this? I can't tell that response is sarcastic or not lol.

Someone over on BO was talking about how they bought them for distributer cost and it was around 550.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
Here's the one from my box I got at my LCS.. I have another box coming next week..

ichiro-immortals.jpg

Gorgeous card. I love this product. [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] you need to make some more high end releases. Do an Exquisite type product please.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Ughhh... I don't mean to be a "negative", but I personally think the cards are hideous. The lack of logos is ridiculous. I am not sure why someone without a license would produce a "high-end" product. Obviously many people like it, so I am probably the minority here. People trying to hang in to a hobby that "was"...like Franco Harris on the Seahawks, or Jordan on the Wizards. Just hang it up. If you can't make a card with team logos/names, find another topic.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I usually always side with you BG but what kind of response it this? I can't tell that response is sarcastic or not lol.

Someone over on BO was talking about how they bought them for distributer cost and it was around 550.

Sorry about that, It was serious... We made virtually no money on this product...
At least 4-5 times a year, we make a product with absolutely no profit built in to give those items a jump star and provide extra value to the items... We figure this is a way of insuring that some of the products way over perform..
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ughhh... I don't mean to be a "negative", but I personally think the cards are hideous. The lack of logos is ridiculous. I am not sure why someone without a license would produce a "high-end" product. Obviously many people like it, so I am probably the minority here. People trying to hang in to a hobby that "was"...like Franco Harris on the Seahawks, or Jordan on the Wizards. Just hang it up. If you can't make a card with team logos/names, find another topic.

I appreciate your opinion which is great for you , but not true for many others....
I can and do make those cards and shockingly, many people enjoy them and find substantial value in them.
It's is completely cool you dislike no logo cards, but to say that we should "hang it up" would be to tell other collectors they don't get the same choice as you....

Trust me, Leaf's presence in the market has absolutely 100% increased the value and effort by its competitors....
"Hanging it up" would NOT be in the best interest of the hobby, trust me....

BG

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Tim Raines agrees that you're in the minority.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I appreciate your opinion which is great for you , but not true for many others....
I can and do make those cards and shockingly, many people enjoy them and find substantial value in them.
It's is completely cool you dislike no logo cards, but to say that we should "hang it up" would be to tell other collectors they don't get the same choice as you....

Trust me, Leaf's presence in the market has absolutely 100% increased the value and effort by its competitors....
"Hanging it up" would NOT be in the best interest of the hobby, trust me....

BG
Sorry, this wasn't towards Leaf specifically, as others are doing airbrushed products nowadays, too. Also I totally agree I am in the minority. I just have an "all-or-nothing" attitude: players and MLB should be tied together. This isn't just a card making issue, either. Of all my memorabilia and cards, thousands upon thousands of items of Tony Gwynn, all of my airbrushed items are my least favorite. They look cheesy, and dumb, and they just scream "2nd Rate manufacturer". Alas, they do find their way into my collection, as the psychotic state of a player collector usually takes over, but at very very low (comparatively) prices. (then they sit un-loved in a dark box, neglected, shunned by the others) :)

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

On card Ichiro Autos, Nice Patches, All low numbered hits. Logos or no logos this product is a success.

Telling Leaf to hang it up? So you would rather have less competition for Topps and they could slack off even more. Great...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
For those saying that there is no value in something like this product to bust..

This card sold for $1100.. numbered to /5..

ichiro-ny.jpg

so I sold mine to the same buyer for $1100 as well also numbered to /5

ichiro-sea.jpg

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Sooo.... I opened my 3 boxes. Got the Accolades /1 in the first and then the /5 regular in the second:
IchiroAutoScan-131228-0001.jpg
IchiroAutoScan-131228-0002.jpg

And then I decided, what the hell, open the third:
IchiroAutoScan-131228-0005.jpg

IchiroAutoScan-131228-0006.jpg

I think I'm happy with that, yes? Jimmie Freakin' Foxx? Hell yeah. One of the toughest autos out there! Probably list these tonight, but wanted to say that yet again Leaf delivered some nice stuff here.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Fan-effing-tastic!!!!!

Congrats on all three but I love the Foxx!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Thanks guys. Yeah I didn't really appreciate Foxx much, being a Yankee fan, but after looking, seems he's way up there in rarity with Mel Ott stuff, having died in '67. I'm probably posting these on the 'Bay this evening and have really no idea what kind of BIN/BO to drop on them.

Members online

Latest posts