Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*** Meet The METS -All things NY Mets related ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
With the Mets it always seems like if one thing works something else doesn't work. A few years back they had a great bullpen but horrible starts from the their starters. So is the way of the Mets.

WaxPax

I'm going to try and hit a few more games when St Lucie comes to town again.

TJ Rivera , the 2B took the time to answer some fielding questions for my son after the game on his way into the clubhouse. My son plays 2B for a local HS Jv team and he offered some tips on turn the DP and foot work. Really nice guy to take the time to do that, hard not to root for someone like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I'm going to try and hit a few more games when St Lucie comes to town again.

TJ Rivera , the 2B took the time to answer some fielding questions for my son after the game on his way into the clubhouse. My son plays 2B for a local HS Jv team and he offered some tips on turn the DP and foot work. Really nice guy to take the time to do that, hard not to root for someone like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Very cool? Get any autos or anything?

WaxPax

Syndergaard, Flores, Duda and who else for Stanton....

[h=1]NL Exec would not trade d’Arnaud or Wheeler for Stanton[/h]April 26th, 2013 2:45 pm
giancarlo-stanton-1-polaroid.jpg
“I wouldn’t give up one of Travis d’Arnaud or Zack Wheeler for Giancarlo Stanton,” one NL executive told ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark.

“The catcher has a chance to be a 10-year All-Star,” the executive said. “The other guy is one of the best pitching prospects in the game.”
Earlier this month, in a post to his blog for the Daily News, Andy Martino said,“The Mets really want Stanton on their team, and understand that it would take a huge haul of top prospects to get him.”
Martino also said the Mets are keeping tabs on Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez.
Peter Gammons of MLB Network later said the the Marlins have told interested teams — including the Mets — they are not currently interested in trading Stanton, though that could eventually change.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
It would be tough for me to trade d'arnaud and wheeler for stanton. I would consider it of course, but I don't know if I would pull the trigger. D'Arnaud and Wheeler especially have been touted as the future of this franchise. Hopefully, the mets could sign someone else big in free agency or trade next season for someone, with a possible package of Flores, Montero, Etc.

WaxPax

If I recall correctly, the Mets are winless in games after a Harvey start this year...Can we get Wheeler up here already

"Matt Harvey is 4-0 with a 1.28 ERA in 49 1/3 innings over seven starts, having allowed two home runs and 12 walks with 58 strikeouts. The other starting pitchers (Jeremy Hefner, Dillon Gee, Shaun Marcum, Jon Niese, and Aaron Laffey) are a combined 4-11 with a 5.06 ERA, allowing 63 earned runs with 13 home runs, 50 walks and 73 strikeouts in 112 innings pitched."

WaxPax

Sooner is better.....

Mets officials appear to be anticipating the call-up of top pitching prospect Zack Wheeler sooner rather than later, writes Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. One official said that Wheeler would arrive in New York by June 1 "at the latest," while another called that date "a little aggressive." Martino says that the team genuinely does not appear to be angling to keep Wheeler from achieving Super Two status, but instead intends to promote him when it feels he is ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts