Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NYY 2015 Season Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Tough to say. That throw was amazing and on the money.

Yes, it was there but Navarro had to come down to slap the tag..
where Young was sliding on his butt.
I think he could have avoided the tag had he sled head first and try to touch home plate with his hand..

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Funny thing is that while Nova did very well on paper, his huge pitch count didn't match up with innings pitched so a call to pen (once again) too early was needed.

Seems like this it a daily thing.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Funny thing is that while Nova did very well on paper, his huge pitch count didn't match up with innings pitched so a call to pen (once again) too early was needed.

Seems like this it a daily thing.

Agree. I would have thought he would have been allowed to get the last out in that inning.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Ok fellas, lets be real, what is the likelihood the Yankees win the division and what needs to happen besides the obvious of we win and the Jays lose?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Trying not to sound too defeatist, I'm very encouraged with no matter where the Yankees finish this year. I really expected this to be a hard to watch year but it's been great. I think Didi has shown great improvement, Bird has been fun to watch just like Severino. My only disappointment is not giving Refs, Pirela and Judge real time in the bigs. I understand they want the division and so u play vets but i just don't see the pitching necessary to win in October. Boston is playing their prospects which is giving their fans aka a holes a chance to see what their future will look like, id like to see ours

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Trying not to sound too defeatist, I'm very encouraged with no matter where the Yankees finish this year. I really expected this to be a hard to watch year but it's been great. I think Didi has shown great improvement, Bird has been fun to watch just like Severino. My only disappointment is not giving Refs, Pirela and Judge real time in the bigs. I understand they want the division and so u play vets but i just don't see the pitching necessary to win in October. Boston is playing their prospects which is giving their fans aka a holes a chance to see what their future will look like, id like to see ours

I agree, would have been nice to see ref and the Judge take a few cuts.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm pretty excited how the rookies played.

Think about, Bird, Severino have been awesome and when Slade, Mason and Refsnyder got their brief chances, they did their jobs as well.

And Judge and Jagielo are still to come.

Here's to the team giving the second base job to Refsnyder or Pirela next year and keeping Ackley as back up.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It is so blatantly obvious that dellin has to be sat down for a little while.

I know I know, he's our eighth inning guy but to say he's been way over used is an understatement and it's being shown now.

Gotta do it NOW or risk him being ineffective in the post season (assuming we get there) or worse, getting injured.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
It is so blatantly obvious that dellin has to be sat down for a little while.

I know I know, he's our eighth inning guy but to say he's been way over used is an understatement and it's being shown now.

Gotta do it NOW or risk him being ineffective in the post season (assuming we get there) or worse, getting injured.

Agreed, i know Joe wants the division but he should accept a wild card spot and rest the pen

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Joe has been in panic mode really over using the bp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unless I'm missing something here i dunno y he is feeling pressure. I don't think anyone expected much from this team. Now he needs to let Dellin and Andrew rest up. Miller hasnt looked as sharp and that would be bad news going into October

Members online

Latest posts