Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs sign Scott Feldman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
1 year, $6 mil

Good signing, IMO. I like what Hoyer is doing - adding rotation depth on the cheap. Baker and Feldman are two good additions for the Cubs.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Someone has to pitch for the next year or two while the Cubs lose games and develop their farm system. Might as well be Scott Feldman.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Flip him at the deadline. Any 1 year signing is fine with me. No risk, and it could reap rewards for the future.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Rangers fan, good riddance.
He had one good year in 2010, winning 17 games, gets a big contract, then is horrible in '11 and '12 with ERAs above 5.00 both seasons as a starter.
People remember his breakout year, then forget he became one of the worst starters in the league.
Might as well have had Corey Feldman pitching.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
As a Rangers fan, good riddance.
He had one good year in 2010, winning 17 games, gets a big contract, then is horrible in '11 and '12 with ERAs above 5.00 both seasons as a starter.
People remember his breakout year, then forget he became one of the worst starters in the league.
Might as well have had Corey Feldman pitching.

Or Corey Haim ...

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
Can't wait to bet vs the Cubs next year. Feldman's flat 80 something waist high FB in Wrigley...

One of the worst starters in MLB.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Can't wait to bet vs the Cubs next year. Feldman's flat 80 something waist high FB in Wrigley...

One of the worst starters in MLB.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought he had a sinker, cutter, slider, curve. I remember being impressed when he pitched in Baltimore a couple years ago.

Members online