Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hope you all have money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Ryan Cracknell ‏@tradercracks
So National Treasures and Topps Dynasty Baseball are now scheduled to release on the same day. And 7 days after Five Star. #collect

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know alot of collectors that were looking forward to them would have saved up for the High-end products, but doesn't coming out this close to the Holidays limit how many people that were "on the fence" about it actually spend the money?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
A huge part of the problem in our hobby IMO. Releasing cards for the current year AFTER the season is over

I'm pretty sure a super high-end 2013-14 Basketball release (NT I think?) didn't release until August and the premier high-end Hockey (The Cup) just came out two weeks ago...

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I pre-ordered months ago with Atlanta Sports 'cards so it wouldn't hurt my pocket this time of year. Got two Chrome Football boxes and two Jumbo Bowman Draft boxes coming.....Got great pricing too!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I know alot of collectors that were looking forward to them would have saved up for the High-end products, but doesn't coming out this close to the Holidays limit how many people that were "on the fence" about it actually spend the money?

I don't really see it that way. I think in many cases people will buy it for themselves for a gift or buy it for someone else for a gift.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really see it that way. I think in many cases people will buy it for themselves for a gift or buy it for someone else for a gift.

Uh...not usually. This time of year I've got way more things on my plate. My purchases will slow to a trickle here shortly. I get kinda ticked when eBay sellers put up rare Bagwell's for auction this time of year. And they probably have good reason too: selling rare cards lands money to buy presents. But they really leave money on the table. It's their call and I'm sure their purposes are suited regardless. Now a manufacturer doing it seems a little more boneheaded. I don't know about you guys but my family doesn't buy me sports stuff and they sure the heck wouldn't be buying this type of expensive product even if they did. And I'm not buying it either this time of year.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

As a guy who has in the past, as recently as February, but not currently, worked at two LCSs that sell wax, even high-end, I know that high-end wax is hardly ever bought as a gift for someone else. Sometimes guys use their leftover money and get it for themselves, but rarely does a gift break the $100/box mark.

I understand the orders are already in and that Topps has their sales guaranteed, but not good for the shops, and hence, bad for the Hobby and long-term bad for Topps.

Any chance we can get Sooz's insider thoughts, if she's still around? [MENTION=3915]yanxchick[/MENTION]?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
As a guy who has in the past, as recently as February, but not currently, worked at two LCSs that sell wax, even high-end, I know that high-end wax is hardly ever bought as a gift for someone else. Sometimes guys use their leftover money and get it for themselves, but rarely does a gift break the $100/box mark.

I understand the orders are already in and that Topps has their sales guaranteed, but not good for the shops, and hence, bad for the Hobby and long-term bad for Topps.

Any chance we can get Sooz's insider thoughts, if she's still around? @yanxchick?

I've seen a lot of big purchases after the first of the year. People are getting bonuses and tax returns and whatnot.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've seen a lot of big purchases after the first of the year. People are getting bonuses and tax returns and whatnot.

For sure, but not in early to mid December, when these high-end products are supposed to hit.

Plus, Contenders FT always arrives in mid to late January to steal some thunder from other late releases...

Members online

Latest posts