Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake Trout NT patch/auto on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
#21 /99

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151365531411

Original 21/99

5asa3aqe.jpg

I should note I did not find this, a facebook friend did. I am just sharing the info.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow. This kind of stuff just makes me so mad. Not to mention how fakers just go to PSA or BGS because that makes it seem that much more 100% no worries. Sad.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Never understood , except laziness , for a database of patch cards from companies , and stating that anything not on the patch listing is a plain swatch. ESP this late in the game , not in 96 when they were new and they didn't see an issue at first.

Ryan

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I would guess that you are correct Mac.

Ryan, I cannot understand why that hasn't happened yet either. At least on Topps and Panini's end. I believe that Leaf has started a patch database, if I recall correctly. Could be wrong though.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would guess that you are correct Mac.

Ryan, I cannot understand why that hasn't happened yet either. At least on Topps and Panini's end. I believe that Leaf has started a patch database, if I recall correctly. Could be wrong though.

Yes I believe they have at least on some scale , not sure how complete , but it only make sense

Ryan

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I emailed the seller. He acted surprised in his first reply, when I just told him it was fake. In his second reply, after I showed him the worthpoint screenshot, he was defensive and angry. Even tried to tell me the worthpoint wasn't 21/99, as it says it was. I'm going to forward this info to PSA and report the listing to eBay.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I emailed the seller. He acted surprised in his first reply, when I just told him it was fake. In his second reply, after I showed him the worthpoint screenshot, he was defensive and angry. Even tried to tell me the worthpoint wasn't 21/99, as it says it was. I'm going to forward this info to PSA and report the listing to eBay.

HAHA The autograph is an exact match

kdMTPL8.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Um sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... someone questions your auction and you get pissed off because you feel like you get cyber bullied a lot? That makes zero sense.

Get someone to pull the sale on eBay for $450 and catch him in ANOTHER lie. This guy is busted. I bet that sale is no where to be seen.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
He won't be able to provide that... he will say "Who are you again? Why are you bothering me? I'm going to ask you to stop cyber bully me!" and hope you go away. He is guilty. If this were me, I'd try and get your email and dig deeper with you and try and recoup my $450 or whatever. That's a bunch of BS if you ask me but who knows. My guess is that I'll be right and he won't provide any proof or anything that he purchased the card. He is caught in a lie... he said he purchased on eBay and for the amount, so there is record of it... I'm sure it's a lie.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Odds are good this one is fake too

View attachment 38501

This card sold back in 2012, but the picture is gone. Seller referred to it as a 4 color patch, could be real, who knows.

I reported this last night, provided them the link to this discussion. No idea how long it takes them to review something, or pull an item; I've twice reported items that were gone within minutes, and several others that were never pulled at all.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well 1 of 2 things is happening here... honest buyer of a card got totally 100% scammed and now he is left holding a card that he probably can't get any $ for as long as the buyer knows it's a fake... or 2 he is a fake patch maker and is doing a good job covering his tracks. I wish it was neither. I hate seeing stuff like this... just terrible for the hobby and everyone involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts