Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
Here are a few more from my 90's collection.97 Legacy, 99 View Thrill Triple and Quad, 99 Fleer Brilliants Gold and 98 Purple Crusade!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Pinnacle Redemption for the PC. Thanks [MENTION=1722]nevermore[/MENTION]
image-148.jpg

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
What does it look like from the back? Whats preventing people from making a template and poking holes in a bunch of cards?
I guess you could do that. With all the back door stuff and serial number and sample stuff anything is possible. I think it would be a lot of effort without a big payoff for these gold rush cards. On the other hand this is the only O'neill I have ever seen and I knew its been in Ravi's collection for a number of years.
image-151.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
About five years ago I got my first Rusty Greer Red Crusade via a FCB member for about $80 and I later picked one up at auction for about $80. I went for the one that just ended recently, but it sold for $150. So I don't know if it's that the market/economy is up or that it shows the benefit of listing similar cards all at one time (set collectors), but I'm guessing it's a combination of the two.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
About five years ago I got my first Rusty Greer Red Crusade via a FCB member for about $80 and I later picked one up at auction for about $80. I went for the one that just ended recently, but it sold for $150. So I don't know if it's that the market/economy is up or that it shows the benefit of listing similar cards all at one time (set collectors), but I'm guessing it's a combination of the two.
Well it could be a number of things in play there. For me, never ever saw a Belle Red forever and never thought I'd own one and then BOOM, I was contacted on here by a guy who was exiting his Belle collection and he sold me a ton of cards I needed including the Red. It was in a lot but I think I paid probably $200 for it or something. Who knows what it would have gone for at auction.... fast forward a year or two, then one pops up on eBay... I was going to let it go but put out a $150 protection bid in the event it went for like $80 and I ended up winning it, which I was SHOCKED about. So now I own two.

I think timing is so huge for things like this. If the auction lists late at night or ends during a weird time, that all plays into it IMO. Also, the person selling it put out like 50 Reds for sale all at the same time... that I think was a bad move. Some set collectors probably didn't have the funds to get them all, so they picked their spots and maybe the Belle snuck through.

Anyways, that would have been cool to own three for you!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008

Always wondered what was going on here. Is he following through on a Triple SowCow or something? Breakdancing? Pretending to be an airplane?

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Well it could be a number of things in play there. For me, never ever saw a Belle Red forever and never thought I'd own one and then BOOM, I was contacted on here by a guy who was exiting his Belle collection and he sold me a ton of cards I needed including the Red. It was in a lot but I think I paid probably $200 for it or something. Who knows what it would have gone for at auction.... fast forward a year or two, then one pops up on eBay... I was going to let it go but put out a $150 protection bid in the event it went for like $80 and I ended up winning it, which I was SHOCKED about. So now I own two.

I think timing is so huge for things like this. If the auction lists late at night or ends during a weird time, that all plays into it IMO. Also, the person selling it put out like 50 Reds for sale all at the same time... that I think was a bad move. Some set collectors probably didn't have the funds to get them all, so they picked their spots and maybe the Belle snuck through.

Anyways, that would have been cool to own three for you!

I disagree with that. When you list an entire run of either a set or player collection you usually get top dollar. Plus these where all $200-$400 cards. Did you see when he listed 12 Jordan's that all got 5k? Timing of the auctions is the most important. I know when I sold some mid level Griffey I got the highest prices ever and I was listing like 50 at a time. Cut above got $550, thunderclap GM got $250 ect. You have to be the first before the copycats come out trying to ride the sales if cards that aren't rarely seen.

Members online