Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 National Treasures Hit Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
This was pulled.. Apparently an old Brooklyn Dodger

mdEk4n4.png

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
This was pulled.. Apparently an old Brooklyn Dodger

mdEk4n4.png

Sick card, would live to own that. It's in ebay for 2K taking offers which is likely way past what I can consider paying.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Sick card, would live to own that. It's in ebay for 2K taking offers which is likely way past what I can consider paying.

There are always reasonably priced daubert bat chip cards. I'm guessing my bat chip daubert card had a piece from another part of this same bat.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
There will never be more interest than right now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Oh I know. Its likely going to be on ebay once it arrives that way everyone gets an equal shot at it. I have just received several offers and I don't want to do the whole "so-and-so offered this" routine with folks in private messages.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't buy a lot of cards now, but this was the #1 card I wanted from National Treasures so was thrilled it stayed in my price range.

Attachments

• HeaneyNTOneOfOne.jpg
    HeaneyNTOneOfOne.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 38

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I never thought about that...what is the give away?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Amongst other things the guy not mentioning what the serial number is, only what the print run is ;).
Doesn't really look similar to any other one of those Henderson patches that sold. I'll message the guy for fun and ask him for the full serial number and see if I can locate the original patch it just doesn't look good at all to me.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't know...I looked at the other /25 Rickey patches from '12 and they were 3+ color. Nothing like this one, but still not plain white.

Then, in looking at the other items this guy is selling, they are not screaming fake to me. Lots and lots of 1 color relic or "standard" patches on low number cards.

I agree that this particular one is worrisome, I just don't know that by looking at it we can be certain of fraud. Now, if you can finds it serial number and trace it to a different pic on a previous sale, that would be wholly different.

Or, you could just go with better safe than sorry...

Edit: he does have a hockey patch that looks fishy.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1421872832.123047.jpg

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1421873102.388549.jpg

Similar Rickey /25 and similar Ruth , though this is the /10 version it doesn't state patch or anything on card

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.