Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The one on the left is awesome!

Has anyone actually seen a 1998 Buyback yet? Looks like none have hit ebay. Maybe the redemption buybacks will be 98s?

I swear I thought I saw one of a '90's semi-star within the first two weeks of the product coming out but that quite honestly might just be a figment of my imagination. These last couple months have been a blur for me so I don't trust that memory :) Getting old!

Wow, all those you own and all are 1/1s? Holy moly that is awesome and also you must have deep pockets ;) Thanks for sharing! Good luck on the balance of the ones outstanding.

Hehe, yeah they are not cheap but I've always been a sucker for Tek. Chasing '98 tek's after all these years is still a blast. I'm crossing my fingers but I might have finally found the '98 promo blue that none of us have seen yet (last pattern). I should hopefully have it in hand this week. PS. I put /1? because I'm not 100% sure. The chances of them having multiples of the same pattern are practically zero but not impossible.

Last edited:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Is anybody else attempting to collect all the patterns and variations of their player (including 1/1's) or am I the only idiot going on this seemingly futile hunt?

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
Is anybody else attempting to collect all the patterns and variations of their player (including 1/1's) or am I the only idiot going on this seemingly futile hunt?

I am doing a partial for VLAD. I can't hang with 1/1 money.. But it's gonna look sweet when you do it!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I am doing a partial for VLAD. I can't hang with 1/1 money.. But it's gonna look sweet when you do it!
Same here, but for me the none autos except for the base auto. I got the tough ones, red, blue, circuit and strips. I just need the easier ones now.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Yes and I did get all 14 Gwynn's but not the 1/1's, that was hard enough. I have pictures up a couple weeks ago in this thread.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
If anyone is trying to put together the base/variation set like me, please contact me. I have a large amount of base and some SPs to trade, plus I have a few spots on an upcoming 10 case player break. This product has some staying power, for sure!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I have the Eddie Butler base set done sans the 1/1. Still working on Tulo and Cargo but they seem to be tougher to locate. I do own the Cargo 1/1 base so I can possibly make the rainbow if the stars align.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I have the Eddie Butler base set done sans the 1/1. Still working on Tulo and Cargo but they seem to be tougher to locate. I do own the Cargo 1/1 base so I can possibly make the rainbow if the stars align.

It's a shame Corey Dickerson isn't in the set as people are hungry for his cards right now.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
It's a shame Corey Dickerson isn't in the set as people are hungry for his cards right now.

It amazes me people still don't know who this guy is. If you haven't seen the third deck shot he hit off the Marlins last year @ Coors Field I recommend looking it up. He's gonna tear it up this year!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm not very familiar with the industry, but when do you think the checklist would have been decided? I'm guessing quite awhile ago as it takes time to get on-card autos? But this still does not explain why Jeter isn't in the base set. His Blue Dots would have looked awesome.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
With the benefit of retrospect, here are some players I would have liked to have seen in the base set:

Jeter
Ryno
Will Clark
Puckett
Thome
Altuve
MBrantley
VMart
Jose Bautista
Edwin Encarnacion
Carlos Gomez
Andrew McCutchen
Rendon
Justin Upton
Brian Dozier
Corey Dickerson
Pence
Rizzo
TFrazier
ABeltre
Wong
Papi
SMarte
MBetts
KBryant
King Felix
Kluber
Wainwright
DPrice
Stras
GRichards
MadBum
Lester
Greinke
deGrom
Betances
Kimbrel

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^ quite the list ! But ya I was disappointed Clark wasn't in this as he missed all other Tek too.

I woulda liked to see a current / retired separate series issues. And the CL getting deeper per team , versions of every uni a player wore etc etc

Ryan

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
If anyone is trying to put together the base/variation set like me, please contact me. I have a large amount of base and some SPs to trade, plus I have a few spots on an upcoming 10 case player break. This product has some staying power, for sure!

Not a whole set, but some selected player sets. I'm working on Cano, Puig, Polanco, Miggy, SGray, Teheran, and Wacha. And always like picking up Edgar, Frank, Springer, Juan Gone, Griffey, and Trout.

Here's what I have for trade (I've only bought singles):

attachment.php

35-Mussina

Jan 16, 2015
Cape coral
image.jpgI've got all but 3 of the mussinas so far.. And they are all 1/1
2 of the 1/1 so far and then the blues and red dots and the whites...
And about 40 of the /50 /75 /99 cards...just a great looking card set....

Last edited:

Members online