Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Dealing with gt2590

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chilly55

May 16, 2010
Just to let everyone know that Brian (gt2590) has took me for $28.00. Deal was agreed to back in August, and still to this day, no cards. Payment was sent out immediately. Keeps saying he will send out the cards, including the last pm he sent me on the 20th of September. Another 2 weeks later and still no cards. Keeps saying he is working 70 hour weeks, but a month and a half is too long.

Bill

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Just to let everyone know that Brian (gt2590) has took me for $28.00. Deal was agreed to back in August, and still to this day, no cards. Payment was sent out immediately. Keeps saying he will send out the cards, including the last pm he sent me on the 20th of September. Another 2 weeks later and still no cards. Keeps saying he is working 70 hour weeks, but a month and a half is too long.

Bill
Had you asked for help before calling him out in such a fashion? I have had many deals with
him and believe him to be beyond reproach. I think that soon you will be offering up a big apology.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Had you asked for help before calling him out in such a fashion? I have had many deals with
him and believe him to be beyond reproach. I think that soon you will be offering up a big apology.

Not sure why he would have to apologize for waiting over 6 weeks to receive his merchandise. One person needs to take care of their end and apologize but it's not the OP. Just because the guy has completed deals with others w/I issue doesn't mean the author if this thread is enjoying the same process

Ryan

Not sure why he would have to apologize for waiting over 6 weeks to receive his merchandise. One person needs to take care of their end and apologize but it's not the OP. Just because the guy has completed deals with others w/I issue doesn't mean the author if this thread is enjoying the same process

Ryan

Agreed.

Not sure how hard it is to put address on mailer...drop cards in mailer...seal it up, put postage on it and drop it in mailbox

Shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Agreed.

Not sure how hard it is to put address on mailer...drop cards in mailer...seal it up, put postage on it and drop it in mailbox

Shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes

No one asked for your opinion on this matter? Mind your own business. You have no idea who this person is. Go back to the thread where you said the manager is not responsible for how the players play.
[MENTION=4581]chilly55[/MENTION] Brian is 1000% solid and has a busy job and lots of girls. I'd stake my own rep on him making this trade and FWIW it's pretty XXXXty of you to make a call out of a good member in such a short amount of time.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
No one asked for your opinion on this matter? Mind your own business. You have no idea who this person is. Go back to the thread where you said the manager is not responsible for how the players play.
[MENTION=4581]chilly55[/MENTION] Brian is 1000% solid and has a busy job and lots of girls. I'd stake my own rep on him making this trade and FWIW it's pretty XXXXty of you to make a call out of a good member in such a short amount of time.

Umm I'll defend Biggio and Chilly on this and it's no more my business than yours. And bringing up some manager/player discussion, really? It's been 6 weeks , that's about long enough for the post to be made. It's not the buyers fault someone is busy, damn we all are. I've got jobs, businesses, wife n 4 daughter n no way I'm using that as an excuse to not ship for 6 weeks. I don't know either party but I don't like seeing the thread starter getting bashed for getting bad service. The seller could be great, and he could/should make right on this, but his errors are what caused the thread not Chilly.
Out of curiosity what would be your timeline to get frustrated enough to post an unpleasant transaction?
And btw, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but IMO you are attacking the wrong person, as they did their end of the transaction.

Ryan

No, I don't know who this person is, but its pretty amazing that it takes over 6 weeks to mail something out...

Umm I'll defend Biggio and Chilly on this and it's no more my business than yours. And bringing up some manager/player discussion, really? It's been 6 weeks , that's about long enough for the post to be made. It's not the buyers fault someone is busy, damn we all are. I've got jobs, businesses, wife n 4 daughter n no way I'm using that as an excuse to not ship for 6 weeks. I don't know either party but I don't like seeing the thread starter getting bashed for getting bad service. The seller could be great, and he could/should make right on this, but his errors are what caused the thread not Chilly.
Out of curiosity what would be your timeline to get frustrated enough to post an unpleasant transaction?
And btw, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but IMO you are attacking the wrong person, as they did their end of the transaction.

Ryan

Thank you sir :) As Ryan can attest to, I did take a lil while to get my end out on a trade we had as things came up that were unexpected, but I did communicate with him, and I did make good by sending my end out in a timely fashion.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Ryan

Ryan-

I appreciate your stance here but to be fair the OP has stated little as to the deal and communication. I believe that to call a member out, you need to have clear evidence you are getting ripped off. Brian has made many many trades and sales over many many boards over many many years. He gets a pass until this trade is beyond the beyonds. And it's not.

And I made it my business because he is my e-friend. again I'd stake my own name on him have 0% interest in ripping this guy off.

And I attacked biggiobrooks because he is a stupid *******. And I brought up that thread because his opinion in it was so dumb it hurt my head and I want his dumb ass to go post in it again.

Ryan-

I appreciate your stance here but to be fair the OP has stated little as to the deal and communication. I believe that to call a member out, you need to have clear evidence you are getting ripped off. Brian has made many many trades and sales over many many boards over many many years. He gets a pass until this trade is beyond the beyonds. And it's not.

And I made it my business because he is my e-friend. again I'd stake my own name on him have 0% interest in ripping this guy off.

And I attacked biggiobrooks because he is a stupid *******. And I brought up that thread because his opinion in it was so dumb it hurt my head and I want his dumb ass to go post in it again.

WOW lol

Do you have evidence of this, since you need evidence to call a member out?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ryan-

Alright well just agree to disagree on this and move on. In the end I just hope they can get things worked out.
I never stated or was implying that Brian would not fix this at some point but more that if this is the length the OP has been waiting and he has been getting told that the items would be sent, that I felt 6 weeks is plenty if time to give someone and didn't feel he should get attacked for not waiting longer.
Again I hope they work it out and hope you and Nate (BB) can hug it out someday

Ryan

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
The evidence is your two moronic posts in that thread. Go read them again. You look like a fool.

Anyway, mind your own business and don't pile on a member you don't know.

[MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION]

Im confused...You know this guy, but only as an "e-friend"...

I know a lot of members here, but do I know them outside of here? No. That means I do not know them...Hell they could be terrible people...I don't know because I do not know them outside of a conversation on here :)

Anyway, I will stop posting in this thread to make you all happy :) Make sure to say hi to your "e-friend"

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Prob should have talked to a mod first before calling someone out over a $28 deal. 6 weeks is a long time but I'm sure it wasn't his plan to steal your $28 so hopefully he'll make it right & by the sound of his rep I'm sure he will.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm sure this will get taken care of. Online trading reputations are important and no one wants to damage someone's reputation without good reason. I doubt this litttle hiccup will hurt Brian's rep much at all but Chilly has every right to expect his cards by 6 weeks and if he hasn't received any contact or response within the last 2 then starting a thread to encourage delivery is not out of line or jumping the gun. Like others have said, contacting a mod is always a good first step but I don't care if its a $5 transaction, if you don't ship for 6 weeks and are unresponsive you have to know this is coming

Last edited:

chilly55

May 16, 2010
The idea was to let everyone know my dealing with Brian. I just had a problem over on CCW about a deal that was agreed upon back in July. I was told by an admin there to file a dispute. Here is the link.

bobdabench - Trade #3914 - The Cardboard Connection Forum

This just happened within the last week. Robert was a very reputable trader on CCW. Why he went rogue, nobody knows. So for me, it's not inconceivable that it could happen over on FCB as well.

Doesn't matter to me whether or not Brian is a great guy or not, it has been 6 weeks. He was the seller. He should be able to get his stuff out in a timely manner. I listened to his excuses and accepted them for about 1 month. Then 2 weeks ago was the last PM he sent me.

Hey Bill,

I've still got these and will be sending them, probably Tuesday. For the past month, I've been working about 70+ hours and haven't had any chance or time to ship out stuff. I'm behind on some other deals on other Pages too. :sad:

Again, I apologize but you WILL be getting these and soon...

Brian

That was September 20th. I waited an additional 2 weeks before posting this bad deal thread. The idea is to let everyone know how this deal has gone and to warn everyone else that if you do buy from him, it might take 6 weeks and counting to get your cards. That is what this topic is for. To let everyone know who to watch out for. 6 weeks is a bit too long IMO.

Bill

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts