Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally requested a replacement for my 2012 five star autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I finally requested replacements for my 2012 topps five star Felix Hernandez auto, and my 2012 topps five star jimmy graham auto book. I really wanted to wait it out for these cards but after 4 years I figured they weren't getting made. Topps was unsure of the value so they said they would email me back with that info. I asked if I could just receive one card back instead of two, but they said since one is football and one is baseball they have to keep it separate. Just wanted to start a thread about it and I'll keep it updated as I hear from them. Should be a fun adventure let's hope angel pegan and Michael egnew aren't in my future.

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I would be curious to see what value they come back on the Felix for you. I am still pending a Felix Hernandez/Jesus Montero dual patch autograph /5. When I called to ask for an update and support they said they are only waiting for Felix to sign (this was summer of 2015). When I asked about a replacement they would only commit to a $100 value which I certainly do not agree on and they wouldn't budge on that price. I still have it pending and am still hopeful that it will be fulfilled since Felix now has a redemption in 2015 Topps Dynasty. Good luck!

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
If I thought it would get fulfilled I would just keep waiting, but I wonder what the odds of the dynasty redemptions getting signed are. I don't know, if the value isn't good maybe I'll just keep waiting on the Felix. I just thought I better do something on the football card with them losing their license and all. The customer representative didn't sound optimistic when I said I'll keep waiting if they might get made as I really just want these cards, hence why I waited 3 to 4 years to replace them. But I don't know how much those customer reps know, plus hasn't topps released new cards of players even without fulfilling older redemptions in the past?

If I thought it would get fulfilled I would just keep waiting, but I wonder what the odds of the dynasty redemptions getting signed are. I don't know, if the value isn't good maybe I'll just keep waiting on the Felix. I just thought I better do something on the football card with them losing their license and all. The customer representative didn't sound optimistic when I said I'll keep waiting if they might get made as I really just want these cards, hence why I waited 3 to 4 years to replace them. But I don't know how much those customer reps know, plus hasn't topps released new cards of players even without fulfilling older redemptions in the past?

Had a 2012 A&G Felix redemption that I got back relatively quick. Why one product but not the other?
Still waiting on the 2012 A&G Ewa Mataya redemption I sent in at the same time. I contacted her through social media and she didn't have a friggin clue what this was. She even later contacted me and her ppl know nothing about it. I find that odd.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
So I've been back and forth with topps customer service through e-mail and on the phone. And this is the update. On the phone they said that the two cards weren't listed in Beckett so management would have to get back to me with values. Then they came back with $50 for the Felix Hernandez Five Star Auto and $60 for the Jimmy Graham Five Star Booklet. I responded with as long as I receive cards with an ebay sale value of $50 in baseball and $60 in football I will be fine (as they said I had to keep each sport seperate) Now they have responded with that these are beckett values and will be replaced with equal beckett value cards. I haven't responded to this yet as for one I really don't use Beckett and haven't for years so I don't even know what I might receive in this regard. Usually isn't beckett value like twice or more ebay sale value? Actually the more I think about it the more I'm just done with Topps. I really haven't bought anything directly from them in a couple of years and may just continue that trend. I mean really? A washed up tight end is worth more than one of the best pitchers in baseball? What does that say about what they might send me in return. I wish I could trade with people and make them take Beckett value. I could trade you a couple of monster boxes of 80's commons for all your star cards, they probably book for the same lol. It's kind of the same thing.

It's just the whole way this issue has been handled that has really put me off. I've never really been given any choice except to keep waiting (I think 4 years is enough waiting) or take whatever junk they want to give me. I guess I have no choice but to take whatever they want me too. But I do have a choice of voting with my wallet and I have been doing that for awhile now. Thank goodness this hobby has lots of great older sets to chase after. But this is just one more reason for me to stay as far away from this company that I can. Sy Berger must be rolling over in his grave, as ever since the private equity buyout took place this company has gone downhill in my opinion. I will post a final update of what I receive in return.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
What specific 2012 Five Star Hernandez autograph is it? I have a baseball online price guide subscription and they do price the "relic autograph" and "relic autograph gold" at $50...so if it's a version that is more valuable than those two they're ripping you off. $50 is a pretty typical Beckett value for a Felix auto from a higher-end Topps set that isn't way short-printed.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
What specific 2012 Five Star Hernandez autograph is it? I have a baseball online price guide subscription and they do price the "relic autograph" and "relic autograph gold" at $50...so if it's a version that is more valuable than those two they're ripping you off. $50 is a pretty typical Beckett value for a Felix auto from a higher-end Topps set that isn't way short-printed.

It's not the $50 value that bothers me, if they sent me something that sold for $50 I'd be fine with it, it's just that I'm worried they will send me a card that lists for $50 and sells for $10 as a replacement. I think I'm going to tell them to replace the Jimmy Graham and I'll just keep waiting on the Felix Hernandez since he has some more redemptions with them in current products. It's the Felix Hernandez Relic Autograph just for clarification, and honestly I just want that card not a replacement so I will keep waiting.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
It's not the $50 value that bothers me, if they sent me something that sold for $50 I'd be fine with it, it's just that I'm worried they will send me a card that lists for $50 and sells for $10 as a replacement. I think I'm going to tell them to replace the Jimmy Graham and I'll just keep waiting on the Felix Hernandez since he has some more redemptions with them in current products. It's the Felix Hernandez Relic Autograph just for clarification, and honestly I just want that card not a replacement so I will keep waiting.

Does Topps have any other kind of auto/gu of Hernandez they can replace it with? like from another product? Atleast offer you that.

Members online