Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

News Outlets confirming that Jose Fernandez has died.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

As a parent of 4, I talked to my wife about this and asked her basically, can you imagine that call you child is dead. I keep thinking about it, I don't know how I'd cope with it. My heart truly goes out to his family, and anyone who has lost someone, especially that young. I never want that call.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I remember having my dad tell me that my mom passed away when I was 5...It sucked and still hurts like hell even after all these years...but everything happens for a reason...Remember the good times he gave us and and the smile he gave and you know is looking down on us with that huge smile

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Very sad. Thoughts with his family, pregnant GF and also the other two gents on the boat that also died and their families. Awful tragedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Boat hit the rocks?

Yeah. It hit a jetty. It's a pile of rocks at the edge of a harbor that acts as a breakwater to stop waves from entering the harbor. There's a picture of it in the article bmp posted on the previous page. Doubt you'd be able to see that in the middle of the night if you were out on the water.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I remember having my dad tell me that my mom passed away when I was 5...It sucked and still hurts like hell even after all these years...but everything happens for a reason...Remember the good times he gave us and and the smile he gave and you know is looking down on us with that huge smile

Sorry for your loss, man.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This was extremely sad news, RIP. I found out the following day about his girlfriend's pregnancy, tragic in every sense of the word

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Just read that Ken Rosenthal is proposing a new MLB award...A Jose Fernandez spirit award, presented to the player who best exemplifies love and passion for the game.

Sounds perfect.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here is the tweet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ken.JPG
    Ken.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 116

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A bag of Fernandez autographed baseballs washed up on shore.

http://scores.espn.com/mlb/story/_/...ins-pitcher-jose-fernandez-washes-miami-beach

ESPN - A bag of baseballs autographed by Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, who died in a boating accident early Sunday morning, was found by a beachgoer after washing ashore Monday on Miami Beach, according to law enforcement officials.

Ocean Rescue Division Chief Vincent Canosa told WSVN-TV in Miami that a black bag containing Fernandez's checkbook and four signed baseballswas turned in to a lifeguard at 24th Street -- approximately 1 mile from where the 32-foot boat was found upside down on a jetty off Miami Beach.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
A bag of Fernandez autographed baseballs washed up on shore.

http://scores.espn.com/mlb/story/_/...ins-pitcher-jose-fernandez-washes-miami-beach

ESPN - A bag of baseballs autographed by Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez, who died in a boating accident early Sunday morning, was found by a beachgoer after washing ashore Monday on Miami Beach, according to law enforcement officials.

Ocean Rescue Division Chief Vincent Canosa told WSVN-TV in Miami that a black bag containing Fernandez's checkbook and four signed baseballswas turned in to a lifeguard at 24th Street -- approximately 1 mile from where the 32-foot boat was found upside down on a jetty off Miami Beach.

I saw that. First thing I thought of was "Charity Auction".

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I saw that. First thing I thought of was "Charity Auction".

I thought AROD and he's goodbye presents. But considering there were no goodie baskets found along with the baseballs on the shore, I changed my conclusion to that Jose probably signed them for his buddies that he went boating with and hadn't given them the auto balls yet.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I thought AROD and he's goodbye presents. But considering there were no goodie baskets found along with the baseballs on the shore, I changed my conclusion to that Jose probably signed them for his buddies that he went boating with and hadn't given them the auto balls yet.

I think you mean Jeter, but I get your point.

Members online