Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Topps Tek Box...what to do, what to do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Just something to keep in mind... you get about one card of each player per box on average. So it's not like the box is going to greatly help any player collector (depending on Diffractors), and it doesn't make much cost sense to buy one base Tek card and ship. What really makes a difference is how much you paid for the box. If you paid a lot, just bust it, and hope you get a high-dollar Diffractor or two to help you make some of your money back and just enjoy the experience. If the price was decent or a bargain, then group break it. I paid $120 for my box and was able to do 7 lots at $20 each.

If I were you I'd use the team lots I used in my break. Take the one or two lots you want the most and make the rest available. I doubt you can get approval without a video camera, but you might have enough interest just from this thread to do it outside of FCB. I'm in for Mariners/Rangers :mrgreen:

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I'd be interested in any Piazza or Pedro diffractors if unclaimed...may also have interest in a team break, LMK

sweet box btw, like everyone else, I suggest ripping it!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Ripping tomorrow. 6:00 Pacific. No camera, and I can't wait. I know I will lose money doing it this way, but that wasn't really the purpose.
Look for old school break on the Box Break Thread. Everything will be available besides Gwynn if I need it.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Ripping tomorrow. 6:00 Pacific. No camera, and I can't wait. I know I will lose money doing it this way, but that wasn't really the purpose.
Look for old school break on the Box Break Thread. Everything will be available besides Gwynn if I need it.

good luck:D

Members online