Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about 1998 Stadium Club Triumvirate variations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I found some older Chipper Jones inserts, one being a 1998 Stadium CLub Triumvirate # T13B. I see there are 3 variations, and was wondering if there's an easy way to tell the difference between them. Here is the card

C6DDE60D-1880-401F-8E8D-487DA803D0F7-504-000000D43C8A23AD_zpsc2b14015.jpg
84A667E3-65EE-429D-9954-0CF438B0AED1-504-000000D43E53B9CB_zps747714a9.jpg

LMK if you can help. THANKS

Erik

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Luminous = regular card

Luminescent = refractor like finish on front only

Illuminator = refractor like finish front and back and mostly see through card

hope this helps

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Luminous = regular card

Luminescent = refractor like finish on front only

Illuminator = refractor like finish front and back and mostly see through card

hope this helps

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I also found this on baseballcardpedia.com:

Trimuvirate is a 54-card die-cut set exclusive to retail packs. The set is grouped into 18, three-card "Triumvirates" (usually three players on the same team) with each individual card sequentially-numbered A, B, or C. Each card is die-cut so that when all three cards in a Triumvirate are together, they form one larger card. Triumvirates T1-T8 are exclusive to Series One, or "Odd," retail packs; while T9-T18 are in Even Series (Series Two) packs.
Each card is available in three different editions.

• Luminous (Chrome)
  • Luminescent (Chrome Refractor)
  • Illuminator (Chrome Atomic Refractor)

Based on this info, I am fairly certain I have the Luminescent, which that site says has odds of 1:192

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Awesome. Thanks a lot. I also found this on baseballcardpedia.com:

Trimuvirate is a 54-card die-cut set exclusive to retail packs. The set is grouped into 18, three-card "Triumvirates" (usually three players on the same team) with each individual card sequentially-numbered A, B, or C. Each card is die-cut so that when all three cards in a Triumvirate are together, they form one larger card. Triumvirates T1-T8 are exclusive to Series One, or "Odd," retail packs; while T9-T18 are in Even Series (Series Two) packs.
Each card is available in three different editions.

• Luminous (Chrome)
  • Luminescent (Chrome Refractor)
  • Illuminator (Chrome Atomic Refractor)

Based on this info, I am fairly certain I have the Luminescent, which that site says has odds of 1:192

Based on your scan I'd say you were right as well. The Illuminator is partially see through. I have all 3 variations for McGwire. Here is the Illuminator:

f-983.jpg
b-983.jpg

Members online

Latest posts