Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the best redemption you were owed that ended up being replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Price/hoch dual auto head of class superfractor

Ended up getting a case of cosigners for it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1389377355539.jpg
    1389377355539.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 43

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I can't speak for myself because I've only ever had a Tyson Ross auto replaced, but whoever buys the card on the left that I pulled will be posting in this thread in a year or two.

archivesaxlbush.jpg

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Redemption: 97 UD Legends Football Walter Payton Auto. #AL4
Received:
97 UD Legends Sign of the Times Bart Starr
97 UD Legends Sign of the Times Walter Payton

Boy I REALLY wish I got the card I was owed. But in the end I still got an on-card Payton auto.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Had a Steve Carlton on card auto patch card from 2010 Sterling low numbered (don't remember) that ended up being on of those fake non packed out cards of Fielder w/ a sticker auto

That will be my last redemption filled, ever.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I will always hate the memory of Fleer for their poorly timed bankruptcy with regard to a half dozen or so different Garvey redemption cards that they never made. It pisses me off that i bought each one for the purpose of completion and to redeem them for the "prizes" but it makes it ever worse that my replacements were a bunch of crappy low end autos of mixed sports after they settled their redemption cases.

To top it all off, I had a couple dupes and held back the actual redemption cards on those to see if it would be worth keeping them as a "variation" to the actual redeemed cards (I got them cheap enough, I guess), but didn't have dupes of all of them. I ended up losing 3-4 different redemption card variations too and I'd much rather have the unredeemed cards back than the crap they sent me, so the couple that I held back are all that i have to remind of this royal screwing I got!

Fleer went out of business and I never got replacements for my redemptions. Haven't redeemed a card since.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Hey George,
I was on the phone with Topps a couple weeks back because I need to return some apparel and while I had someone on the phone I decided to ask them about redemptions I had. Luckily the dude on the phone was super helpful and checked all my owed cards (4 Hank Aarons and 4 Griffey Jr's). He filled me in on the 2012 A&G Griffey's (I'm owed the red ink and base auto).....they are signed but need to be framed. The next framing session will contain these A&G Griffey's (so he said).

At any rate, I got 6 out of my 8 owed cards yesterday in the mail. So, we wait a little while longer for our Griffeys.......:D

Thanks for the info.....but this is not the first time I have heard this. The only cards left to frame from 2012 are Rafer Johnson (I am owed one), Matt Kemp (owed base and red ink) and Jr.

#holdinglittlehope

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Still waiting on a panini contenders Nick Foles auto. Hopefully on card. Hopefully actually made.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Did a little scanning this afternoon and this thread prompted me to dig up the unredeemed Fleer cards. i have 5 different. I thought I sent one of each in and kept the dupes, but maybe I played it smart and only sent in the dupes to see what I would get before sending in the others. That would make me feel a little better, but I am still pissed at Fleer.

See, I truly want it all and the redemption cards themselves are as collectible to me as the actual prize! Each of these were victim of the bankruptcy and since nothing Garvey ever surfaced, it is reasonable to say that these were never even made.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Now that I think about it, maybe Fleer knew they were going under and the redemptions were a way to save money, but still sell product. Maybe they never intended to fulfill these redemptions at all!!! So many different cards and all redemptions. Hmmmm???

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I checked and it is already set to that. Maybe I am using the wrong link option. Looks like I use the slideshow option. is a different one more appropriate?

Members online