Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stricklcp

Jun 15, 2013
ATL
1989fleerbuybackUD.jpg

Yes please! Such a sweet card!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Wow. How much should an unsigned version of this go for? And how many copies were made unsigned? I heard 350, but I'm not sure that's accurate.

Approximately 350 cards were made and seeded into packs at a rate of 1:15,000
they were fetching a few hundered for no auto's awhile back, not sure as of late

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Question for my fellow Griffeyphiles: was there a Griffey in 2007 Topps Diamond Embedded? Those were the anniversary cards with the real diamond in them from Topps.

It's 2011, I message you that question! Sorry if I wrote 2007. The 2011 Anniversary set had the mail in redeem cards for 1/1 diamond embed. Apparently there was a diamond embed for every card in the base set (Griffey didn't have a base set 2011 Topps) but I've heard that they created a diamond embed redeem for him. Topps has no information (at least that they'll give out).

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
It's 2011, I message you that question! Sorry if I wrote 2007. The 2011 Anniversary set had the mail in redeem cards for 1/1 diamond embed. Apparently there was a diamond embed for every card in the base set (Griffey didn't have a base set 2011 Topps) but I've heard that they created a diamond embed redeem for him. Topps has no information (at least that they'll give out).
We have to help out Zack! Anyone have an in with Topps? This wasn't that long ago - maybe they can find it. Not optimistic, but you never know...

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Prostate Cancer Foundation

Hey guys, loved the post on cameos. You forgot the parallels though!

Also wondering if anyone has seen or heard of these cards. They are produced by the Prostate Cancer Foundation, which issued cards from 1999 through 2008, to my knowledge. I've got the 1999, 2001, 2002, and what I assume to be 2004 through 2008 although they are not dated. Any thoughts from the group? Thanks much!

Topps Stadium Club Chrome _ Damion Easley - First Day Issue - Refractor.JPGProstate Cancer Foundation.jpg

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Any Griffey collectors have an extra of this guy:
image.jpg
with the Pinnacle redemption stamp like this guy?:
image.jpg

If so, and you're willing to sell the extra, let me know. Thanks!

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
Hey guys, loved the post on cameos. You forgot the parallels though!

Also wondering if anyone has seen or heard of these cards. They are produced by the Prostate Cancer Foundation, which issued cards from 1999 through 2008, to my knowledge. I've got the 1999, 2001, 2002, and what I assume to be 2004 through 2008 although they are not dated. Any thoughts from the group? Thanks much!

View attachment 56859View attachment 56858

I haven't seen those Prostate cards, but you better believe I want one!

Also I noted in the post that for brevity's sake I would not be listing all the parallels. There are just too many...

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have this Griffey Jr. and was wondering of its approx book value? I see one on Ebay listed for buy it now for almost $700. It really is one of my favorites, but I am desperately in need of cash and I must sell it. Could anyone help me out?

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts