Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you hope to get or plan to get yourself for the holidays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Hobby wise that is. Wax? Singles?

Maybe it's not in the spirit of giving, but if you're like me, this time of year I usually try to pick up something for the PC that I might otherwise hold off on. A little present to myself. My wife asks me every year what I want, and I tell her cards, but she hates that because she can't pick them out.

This year I'm thinking of adding either a nice Cal Ripken Jr auto ( I've only got one in a book and not a card) or something pre-war vintage.

Anyone else looking for a nice PC pickup this time of year?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I tell Theresa to get me JJ stuff. She says, 'I don't know how to do that'. BullXXXX. My bro is always on eBay and I've got a couple friends that she's contacted before about birthday gifts from eBay. She loathes cards and says I'm gay for JJ, so I rarely see them. This year, getting the computer and getting back up on eBay and getting my Paypal going again has been perfect timing. I've picked off two more 1/1's of JJ and have one in the radar.

So, long story longer, I'll be getting myself singles for Christmas.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I need to find a job prior to making any big purchases. I saw a 1967 set that I would have loved a couple of nights ago, though.
DANNY

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'll probably end up buying singles for myself. Gf actually enjoys looking at cards with me and helpings pick ones for my PC's but that's about as far as it goes. My big pickup time is after taxes though.

Sent from my iPhone

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Nothing involving cards. Maybe a new knife, a blood orange tree and an avacado tree.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I'm really not big on getting anything for me, but I did spent some money on a new bridal ring set for my wife, getting my daughter a justin beiber autographed pic framed, my oldest son will get a Steve Nash Basketball jersey and my middle son will get a trip to Florida and Texas for 2 weeks. Oh the dog got a new chew toy

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Why thank you! I had meant for them to be direct image links, so here we go:

171_899_7.jpg

171_900_7.jpg

18586a_lg.jpeg

18496a_lg.jpeg

Very nice!!!

Last edited:

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
It's a small world TBP, but I still wouldn't want to paint it. :)

Now, what other Mantle serial #'d 7 items can I go and buy?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts