Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
te

Remember 2 years ago when this thread didn't suck the fun out of collecting Tek runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How quickly they forget... I got you your last Burnitz to finish your 90 card set.

This is all about someone selling TEK cards at High Beckett and then sending different patterns of 26 of the 30 specific cards purchased. How would you have felt if I would have sent you a different pattern of your final Burnitz card (a pattern# 15 I think) after you paid for it?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not pointing a finger in any one direction (or maybe pointing all of them) here. I received help from many in this thread and thankful for all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
And I too have made many trades here on FCB with many fine people. Its a very few three or four Ive never made any trades with who seem to comment on anything I write that has nothing to do with them. A vast majority of the FCB members are terrific guys/gals to deal with and talk baseball as well.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Well, I tried to put the thread back on track....

Toga, do like most of us do when there are disputes. Let paypal and the admins deal with it. Many members here have dealt with both of you with no issues, so this is something that needs to be dealt between the two of you privately. No reason to make it public.

Last edited:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I was browsing through the old posts on the super sweet 90s thread the other day, and about 10-12 pages in there was an interesting discussion from 2011 about a bunch of diffractors that Burbank had listed. Looks like most were less than $10, but they had a Jeter listed for $40-something I think?

I remember around that time I bought an Olerud Diffractor from them for $7.50. Great deal!

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Was going through my diffractors and realized I have 2 copies of pattern 73. I guess that leaves me with 28 different. I was so close to being 1/3 complete which has been my 'realistic' goal.

IMG_0785.jpg

Awesome A.Jones diffractor collection. Keep it up!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
The 1998 Tek part of my PC (R. Alomar) has been languishing for a while, so I've decided to work on it. Got a lot of help from togaman and rinkrat38 (thanks) but still missing about 20 patterns. If anyone can help please PM me. Willing to pay $4 each + shipping (PWE preferred). Also - if anyone has a spare diffractor let me know your asking price. Don't imagine I will ever amass the lineup of diffractors that some of you have, but I would like one frigging example! I have never seen one for sale...

Wantlist - R. Alomar - card #67
Any diffractor (!!!!)

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I'm trying to figure out why a guy that spent years putting together an 8,100 card TEK set by scouring the internet and baseball card shops around the country all of sudden needs his wife, under an assumed name who created a fake account here, to buy 30 cards for him as a "present". That's where the story falls apart, and I'm sorry we all have to keep reading about this nonsense.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
The 1998 Tek part of my PC (R. Alomar) has been languishing for a while, so I've decided to work on it. Got a lot of help from togaman and rinkrat38 (thanks) but still missing about 20 patterns. If anyone can help please PM me. Willing to pay $4 each + shipping (PWE preferred). Also - if anyone has a spare diffractor let me know your asking price. Don't imagine I will ever amass the lineup of diffractors that some of you have, but I would like one frigging example! I have never seen one for sale...

Wantlist - R. Alomar - card #67
Any diffractor (!!!!)

I looked but didn't have any of the Robbie Alomar's you need. Good luck finishing the set!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So has anyone been tracking the last dozen or so 1998 Tek boxes that have sold publicly? Curious if someone could summarize where we are at with the entire topic. I remember when they could be had a few years ago for $100 to $150 and then quickly jumped into the $200s and then $300s... now I think they have hit a ceiling around $500? Real sales or someone trying to make false sales like that is the going rate?

Just trying to get this tread back on track... I would LOVE to do a group break again sometime but doubt we will be able to do it with the prices through the roof.

Members online

Latest posts