Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone familiar with Layton Sports Cards on YouTube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
https://youtu.be/YM7H6HpVzfQ

This concept seems silly to me.

I don’t know why anyone would buy into one of these breaks.

This was my comment on their video.

c48d99055bea47c645e469780599e5c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've seen some of their normal breaks, I think I was in a couple for various products, those went fine. This homemade stuff seems a bit odd. Decent way to promote your brand if people are into it though.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I've seen some of their normal breaks, I think I was in a couple for various products, those went fine. This homemade stuff seems a bit odd. Decent way to promote your brand if people are into it though.

I don’t know how many slots are available for these ‘Almanac’ breaks or whatever they’re called, but I saw a price of over $100 to buy in.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Frankly I see more value in those repack breaks that some Panini logo-less sticker auto scrub fest case break, but to each their own I guess. If people want their hobby experience to be gambling on youtube, who are we to stop them?

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I've watched a few of these breaks, they're pretty much the same as those "super break" type products where a 3rd party company will put a bunch of high end cards in a box specifically for group breaks. Layton is one of the bigger breakers out there so it's probably legit. I've seen another big breaker with a similar thing. Steel City Sports maybe?

Scott F

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Yeah, I’m not accusing them of not being legit. The whole process just seems silly.
[MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION] mentioned earlier about them spending money to get the cards because, but they’re just the One Touch case with their own sticker put on them.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I've followed Rich and Brad for a few years now. They are one of the better group break companies out there. Several things stand out with them. I'll get to that later, but as far as the repack product, it doesn't bother me. They do it just like some of the other companies out there. Much like the "beef" boxes that cardsmithbreaks does. I'm sure some of their "schtick" is to be excited when stuff is pulled, but hey, they probably had staff members put the stuff together so in some respect, they don't necessarily KNOW what each hit in each box will be. The other factor is that some of those could be purchased individually and shipped out if so desired so the redemptions are a necessity. I know it seems silly......but it works.

They are one of about 4 breakers I choose to follow anymore. So many guys yelling and screaming and doing stupid antics that remind me of Boomo and his breaks(I still love the guy though!!). These guys just make a little conversation, break the products, offer up a nice mixture of what they are breaking, and they do sleeve and mag the better cards which is a nice gesture. Group breaking.....who'd have thought they would be as popular as they are now?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Jaspy’s Hobbyland is where it’s at.

I watch them some. I have not real complaints. Not a big fan of the "big hit express" train whistle they do but again, its a gimmick to call out the bigger pulls. They are good guys too. I watch cardsmithbreaks, laytonsportscards, blowout, and I did watch some cardsinfinity before Chris closed up shop.

Members online

No members online now.