Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wrong board. Here's a random 90s card:

i-PDd2tQP.jpg

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Recent uncut sheet. Came originally from a head of the Chromium Process (responsible for Chrome / Refractor technology) personal collection. Don't know the current seller personally. I can't speak to why he worded as he did.

Ryan

He's pretty much asking legit copy prices for most. Ridiculous. I hope one of you Belle guys didn't succumb on that sale. Wait it out. The player selection is curious too, as in, there's a player collector here for everyone up. Giambi isn't a logical candidate for the first wave of listings.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
He's pretty much asking legit copy prices for most. Ridiculous. I hope one of you Belle guys didn't succumb on that sale. Wait it out. The player selection is curious too, as in, there's a player collector here for everyone up. Giambi isn't a logical candidate for the first wave of listings.

I can say it was 1 series 1 sheet, but not sure how the card #s ran.

Ryan

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Could be, though he sells enough "proofs" etc I'm sure he knows who the market is. Wonder what the Griff brings in the end.

Ryan

Hard to say, I'm sure something crazy. I struggle with the sheet cut cards and being interested in them. More novelty to me. I realize it's all the same in the end but I legitimately value damage replacement copies, particularly with UD, but this just makes everything lumped together. Too bad.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hard to say, I'm sure something crazy. I struggle with the sheet cut cards and being interested in them. More novelty to me. I realize it's all the same in the end but I legitimately value damage replacement copies, particularly with UD, but this just makes everything lumped together. Too bad.

They don't interest me in the least. I wish they'd stay together in sheets. Much more interesting that way.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

I asked the seller if he cut the sheet or if he bought them that way and he mentioned that they were cut when he bought.

here is part of his response..

"But the guy we bought them from said that he had some of the sheets cut locally by another printer. So I can't say with 100% certainty exactly when they were cut.They all seem pretty square to me."

I guess if you know what you are getting then good luck on getting a clean cut card. lol

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I asked the seller if he cut the sheet or if he bought them that way and he mentioned that they were cut when he bought.

here is part of his response..

"But the guy we bought them from said that he had some of the sheets cut locally by another printer. So I can't say with 100% certainty exactly when they were cut.They all seem pretty square to me."

I guess if you know what you are getting then good luck on getting a clean cut card. lol

The only way that adds up, if the other party involved in the purchase bought the entire lot then he sub sold the cut cards to him. I know it didn't leave the warehouse cut, but he states it was sheet cut, so at least he was honest in that part. And I'm not on here to blast him, this is his market (proofs, cuts etc), and I don't blame him. Just thought this sheet was not getting cut.

Ryan

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
The seller, Leximo, is usually pretty up front about what he has, and never usually asks astronomical prices for his stuff. With that said, he gets a TON of the proof/oversized/sample/test cards, and mostly from Topps, as if he has a steady supply from someone in the chain somewhere.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
The only way that adds up, if the other party involved in the purchase bought the entire lot then he sub sold the cut cards to him. I know it didn't leave the warehouse cut, but he states it was sheet cut, so at least he was honest in that part. And I'm not on here to blast him, this is his market (proofs, cuts etc), and I don't blame him. Just thought this sheet was not getting cut.

Ryan

I will retract a little bit. I am not blasting the guy (seller), but when asking such huge premiums on cards that he know what they are I would think that the listing should be completely transparent and to me they are a bit obscure and misleading. There are people that would read that listing and think that they have a legitimate card that was ready to be a replacement for a damaged one when that is not the case. The uncut sheet would have spoke for itself, cutting them down and then selling them as "replacements" is questionable to me.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
It's horrible for the hobby in my opinion. We're basically to the point where we hope like hell someone doesn't know how to duplicate the serial number stamping process.

Unfortunately......There's enough money to be made where someone will eventually invest enough time, effort, and intel to execute it.

I used to take solace in the fact that the amount of time and money it would take to figure out how to duplicate the exact card would cut into the profits of unscrupulous sellers so they'd steer clear.

At this point, these are the exact cards sans the serial number. I don't see things ending well.

Collect

Jun 30, 2015
I agree it is horrible what is going on. The fact that the listing is also outright false does not help. I have a number of the star players from the set, so it is irritating to see these sheet cuts, let alone positioned as "proofs". Everyone just calls these sheet cards or what ever "proofs", too easy to hide behind that. However, it is not the end of the world. You will be able to tell if the card has been post stamped. If you know what to look for, it is actually not that hard, though it takes a bit of science. Collectors are going to have to get used to doing a little more leg work for these valuable cards. Gone are the days where you could just rely on the grading companies. They frankly are under-skilled to grade the high end stuff or they just don't care. Beckett's response as of late is to just ban grading certain cards rather then do the leg work to really identify the forgeries and how they are made. To them, it they make just as much money grading 1989 Fleer as they do a Masterpiece card, so why take the risk/headache.

Dec 4, 2008
And hey, why grade just one masterpiece when you can now grade two or three!? :)

I agree it is horrible what is going on. The fact that the listing is also outright false does not help. I have a number of the star players from the set, so it is irritating to see these sheet cuts, let alone positioned as "proofs". Everyone just calls these sheet cards or what ever "proofs", too easy to hide behind that. However, it is not the end of the world. You will be able to tell if the card has been post stamped. If you know what to look for, it is actually not that hard, though it takes a bit of science. Collectors are going to have to get used to doing a little more leg work for these valuable cards. Gone are the days where you could just rely on the grading companies. They frankly are under-skilled to grade the high end stuff or they just don't care. Beckett's response as of late is to just ban grading certain cards rather then do the leg work to really identify the forgeries and how they are made. To them, it they make just as much money grading 1989 Fleer as they do a Masterpiece card, so why take the risk/headache.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Most to least scarce:
Moment - Season - Game - Play

It's like a play on words; the big plays are epic, the big games a bit more epic, and the big seasons even more epic still; however, nothing beats the scarcity of those big moments in sport that are most epic of all (called shots, over-the-shoulder snags, final out of a perfect game...so on).

Last edited:

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Most to least scarce:
Moment - Season - Game - Play

It's like a play on words; the big plays are epic, the big games a bit more epic, and the big seasons even more epic still; however, nothing beats the scarcity of those big moments in sport that are most epic of all (called shots, over-the-shoulder snags, final out of a perfect game...so on).

Ok Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts