Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shout out to Topnotchsy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I want to publicly thank our local SuperMod Topnotchsy for helping me out on a twelve year project. I had previously contacted the seller about this card that was part of an overpriced small lot and they would not budge on their price. Unbeknownst to me, a couple months later they dropped their price significantly and he snatched up the lot before I even saw it at their reduced asking price. He posted the pickup in the Hall of Fame collectors thread and that's when I contacted him. We came to an agreeable price and he was a rock solid community member and parted with this amazing card to help me basically complete my set. I need one of the various McGriff 1/1 actually but I have never seen one and came up empty in the McGriff collectors thread as well. Anyway... back on topic... THANK YOU Topnotchsy for helping me out! You my friend are a scholar and a gentleman!

Tom

08/10

Goes well with his little brother 3/3

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Yes! I knew what it had to be as soon as I clicked! Love it. The card, the set, the helping.....all of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
That's great guys!

Care to share the whole set if you have them scanned?

The URL to my sets is in my signature. It's a 200 card set and I'm pretty sure people would lose interest by card #50

i'll add key cards to the thread and then if someone wants to see the whole enchilada they can go to the URL. Let me boot my laptop and I'll add some more eye candy to the thread.

tom

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed them all except the Ashburn as a met ;) wonderful looking cards

Sorry, can't see sigs while on mobile so didn't see your link.

That's a great collection, congrats!!!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Glad it made it into your collection. Here's to hoping the McGriff gets listed soon.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice. Too bad Garvey was a Padre for that year. Do you have all of his or just a type card for him?

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Nice. Too bad Garvey was a Padre for that year. Do you have all of his or just a type card for him?

I only have the one Garvey in my set. My set is mixed types, jersey number, award, position, etc. Many of the players are short printed in certain parallels. I probably busted a half case of this product and then started buying singles of the veteran players who had flannel cards. After a while I realized I had accumulated a fair amount of cards and really liked the design so I started organizing and turned my dabbling into a real project.

I think Brooks Robinson is the only one that I have two cards of. Not sure the seller realized how the autograph was signed.

serial numbered 3/3

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hoover Robinson. Probably meant for a different card the way Fleer was messing up sticker autos in those days!

Members online

Latest posts