Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew 74 Thanks Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I haven't purchased a box since 2009. I'd love to but nothing out there is enticing enough for the financial risk. hell, I debate buying a blaster or two each year.
did well with the couple I did this year, selling the hits for about 5x the cost.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Let the MLB know you’d like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They all have or had their suck points in one way or another. UD, Topps, Fleer, Donruss, etc. I will forever be pissed at the thought of Fleer, since they are gone. That redemption fiasco right before bankruptcy was the worst. UD ****** me on a redemption as well and their CS team blew when it came to trying to get a solid answer on production of said redemption.

I say bring in some competition again and force better ideas, products & service or let them all fail trying.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don’t think Topps is that bad.

I miss Upper Deck, and DLP more so, but Topps has been putting out some creative and nice products lately. I like what they’ve been doing.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Say what you want about Topps, but they’re much better than anything else out there.

Yes, they are kings of an empty kingdom. You need a logo to make a baseball card... otherwise its just a pic of a buff dude. :|

Hopefully UD comes back like Papa thinks, that would be badass.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
[MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]

I think we need a daily segment on here called "Sams Stories" where you go into the origin story of your (many) rivalries... :lol: maybe starting with Brian Gray. Did you buy a box and get ripped off or something?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
No.

I just loved REAL Leaf and hate that he has bastardized the name.

Come up with a new concept, don’t purchase the name of a precious one, pass it off as your own, then make it less than what it was.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I was recently taking to someone about this and I said that Razor may have sucked too, but at least that was his own idea and he was trying to create something new on his own.

Then I was informed that actually wasn’t the case and Razor wasn’t his idea either.

Which doesn’t surprise me.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, agreed. As a Donruss Crusade guy I was a bit shoked when this happened

2011-Leaf-Valiant-Baseball-Draft-Chester-Cuthbert.jpg

or this

2012-Leaf-Valiant-Jairo-Beras.jpg

I get the sense the they don't have the POP that the real Crusades have in person, but if someone likes it then fair enough.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
What is the most amazing thing about the second set is they kept the logo for the football release too....

s-l225.jpg

Remember that time Russell Wilson was drafted to the Saints? And Andrew Luck was drafted to. . . the Saints? :lol:

s-l225.jpg

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse.. but topps has WAY to many products, and really they're all mostly an extension of the last. the window designs, the pictures and the "arch" design (someone please take that button away from the designer)
I personally would love to see UD come back AND get Panini a license. they both have a lot to offer the baseball community

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have mixed feelings when it comes to card companies. I have serious issues with some of the crap Topps pumps out. Most of it has to do with flooding the market with release after release of basically the same crap. Look at Definitive, then they drop Diamond Icons, then Luminairies, then Dynasty. The products dont have time to really breathe on their own before getting stepped on with another similar set. Panini has put out some really useless products that look like garbage. Reference the Chronicles set. Yeah, its great when you pull a cracked ice Contenders Judge auto or a Gleyber Torres Spectra patch auto, but the rest of the crap is hideous. I don't know if I'd want Upper Deck back either. I just hope that someone can compete with Topps on the big league level. I would like to see some good competition with MLB logos.