Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brian Gray Sues the Industry Summit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am not answering that here, but rather using you reference to the speech here to share my thoughts of the 10 minutes or so that I listened to before I stopped, but the use of "sick" and "beast" in those 10 minutes stuck in my mind. He certainly doesn't project a traditional image of CEO to me. Other than that, I only buy singles from people who have already broken products, so I don't care what any of the card makers do or don't do.

What on earth could people find controversial about that speech?

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
You are being ODDLY accusatory. Are you a Topps shill or something? You on their payroll to put out internet fires about their shady and fraudulent practices.

Please go back a read all my posts in this thread, and point out where I sticking up for Topps or anyone not named Brian Gray...unless you call buying Topps, Panini, products "sticking up for them". You seem to have a giant man crush on him. I just saw where you posted on the thread "Dana White = Brian Gray". You're practically stalking the guy.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Its called reading comprehension for a reason I said he comes across as a giant ****** not he is a giant ******. I also did not say he is acting like a 4th grader I said this isnt 4th grade where everyone gets an invite to the party.

Let me say this again maybe you can get it this time. I dont know Brian and he may be a great guy I think he presents himself poorly in interviews and his I will sue everyone act doesnt help.

Oh, I see. You were playing a game of "How many personal insults and accusatory remarks I can make against someone without actually personally insulting them or accusing them of anything".

I get it now. It was all just a massive misunderstanding on my part. I thought that your opinions on Mr. Gray and Leaf were based on the fact you think he comes across as a ****** and that he is acting like a 4th grader, but now I see that it's based on something you have yet to be let known. My apologies, kind sir!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Please go back a read all my posts in this thread, and point out where I sticking up for Topps or anyone not named Brian Gray...unless you call buying Topps, Panini, products "sticking up for them". You seem to have a giant man crush on him. I just saw where you posted on the thread "Dana White = Brian Gray". You're practically stalking the guy.

Are you done yet? Seems like you are stalking ME now. Caaareeepyyy! :-?

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Oh, I see. You were playing a game of "How many personal insults and accusatory remarks I can make against someone without actually personally insulting them or accusing them of anything".

I get it now. It was all just a massive misunderstanding on my part. I thought that your opinions on Mr. Gray and Leaf were based on the fact you think he comes across as a ****** and that he is acting like a 4th grader, but now I see that it's based on something you have yet to be let known. My apologies, kind sir!

Your a joke. He does come across as a ****** and again I never said he is acting like a 4th grader maybe when your done blowing BG you could take a minute and try to comprehend that me saying it isnt 4th grade not everyone gets invited to the party means that very simply the person holding the summit is under no obligation to have BG there and we are all adults and not everyone has to be invited to everything.

The promoter has every right to tell people they can or cant be there because its his event. Bg doesnt help his image by suing anyone who looks at him wrong.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
TIL that some people prefer robotic "company line" CEOs for companies hell-bent on not getting you what you paid for over CEOs who do whatever they can for their customers and talk like real human beings.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Your a joke. He does come across as a ****** and again I never said he is acting like a 4th grader maybe when your done blowing BG you could take a minute and try to comprehend that me saying it isnt 4th grade not everyone gets invited to the party means that very simply the person holding the summit is under no obligation to have BG there and we are all adults and not everyone has to be invited to everything.

The promoter has every right to tell people they can or cant be there because its his event. Bg doesnt help his image by suing anyone who looks at him wrong.

It's your'e.

If you are going to childishly insult me, at least do it with a grain of respectability.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
It is absolutely amazing to me how confrontational these threads get. My lord people, it's baseball cards.

Anyways, after listening to the Q+A part of the speech I can see better how other companies might find his tone too harsh, or find holes in the statements he is making about them to call him libelous. Still, shutting him out from the summit seems absurd.

At this point it doesn't seem like the summit is particularly influential so I suppose it won't make a big difference anyways. The licensing issues are where is potential big break is, though I am very pessimistic on his ability to achieve his goals in that regard.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
The way Brian talked in that video is refreshing to hear in this hobby. I haven't been to one, but can anyone relay how other CEOs seemed in the past? I would bet that it was just company-line garbage mixed with a lot of "We ARE listenings".

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
It's your'e.
If you're going to play Grammar Police, better make sure you have your facts straight. ;)

Seriously, though. The back & forth is getting tired. This thread is a good read, but it's getting derailed by childishness. I oughta know - I've been down that road plenty of times before.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
If you're going to play Grammar Police, better make sure you have your facts straight. ;)

Seriously, though. The back & forth is getting tired. This thread is a good read, but it's getting derailed by childishness. I oughta know - I've been down that road plenty of times before.

Oh yeah. Mine was more of a typo though. MUCH more understandable than misspellings. lol

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
My problem is the fact that Brian feels he is entitled to be there. The promoter doesnt have to include anyone. I wouldnt blame him one bit if he excluded Leaf based on the fact that the other companies are tired of his act. I mean if I was running a show I would much rather have Topps, Panini and Upper deck there over Leaf. They are the big boys in this industry. Very few people that collect in my area purchase Leaf products but everyone I know purchases the other three. So if you were putting on an event who would you rather have?

So what if he told him he could come and then changed his mind in order to keep his event relevant and well attended after all that is his goal.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Love him or hate him, the man is speaking out publicly about a lot of the things in the industry that we all complain about regularly. At the very least, anyone who loves this hobby should be able to respect that regardless of whether or not you like his products.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts