Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone have a scan of all three class differences for 1998 Topps Gold Label they could share? I really need to write this down in my notes...

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I need to stop putting it off and get the Ripken from that set

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Beautiful card on hand. Not graded but just as nice, I guess....
calripkenjrcollector-albums-posted-fcb-picture20999-1994-sp-holoview-dc.jpg

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
Anyone have a scan of all three class differences for 1998 Topps Gold Label they could share? I really need to write this down in my notes...

I hope this helps....
Class 1 - Background pictured as fielding and name is normal GOLD
calripkenjrcollector-albums-posted-fcb-picture21000-1998-topps-gold-label-29-class-1.jpg

Class 2 - Background picture is running and name is sparkling SILVER
calripkenjrcollector-albums-posted-fcb-picture21001-1998-topps-gold-label-29-class-2.jpg

Class 3 - Background picture is batting and name is sparkling GOLD
calripkenjrcollector-albums-posted-fcb-picture21002-1998-topps-gold-label-29-class-3.jpg

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

From the cards i have, the differences are in the foil used for the topps gold label logo. The reds are red, the regular are gold, and the blacks are a silver prism. I dont know specifics for printing numbers.

i would show pictures, but some were done with the old scanner, and some the newer one. Very different scans.

edit: i see based on the Ripken cards above you were just speaking about the classes... My bad :)

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
From the cards i have, the differences are in the foil used for the topps gold label logo. The reds are red, the regular are gold, and the blacks are a silver prism. I dont know specifics for printing numbers.

i would show pictures, but some were done with the old scanner, and some the newer one. Very different scans.

edit: i see based on the Ripken cards above you were just speaking about the classes... My bad :)

calripkenjrcollector-albums-posted-fcb-picture21003-1998-topps-gold-label-29-class-1-black.jpg

calripkenjrcollector-albums-posted-fcb-picture21004-1998-topps-gold-label-29-class-2-black.jpg

I don't have the class 3 Black and no reds. The blacks are not serial numbered...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm aware of the foil differences. Just not sure how to tell what's row 1,2, or 3. And it's a pain that they didn't think to label them as such.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Well, I didn't pull it myself! This was back in the days of the old Beckett posting system. Some hockey collector in Maine bought some packs for kicks and pulled it. I snatched it up at $125. Later that year someone posted a 98 Leaf R&S Longevity Holographic 1/1, but while I was dickering with the seller over condition/price, the other Rusty collector swooped in and nailed it for the asking price. Always regretted that.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
sell sheet, must be a cardboard thingie, maybe ill check my old becketts, might be a page

Members online