Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB PC Tournament STARTING TODAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
This is actually not necessary, I do not want to start any fights on here. But, As of now, this idea is owner by MisterT and Co-Owned by me. I do feel a little bad that you have shut me down and are planning to steal my idea and make it "bigger and better". If you would of asked to help run this tournament, then I would be completely fine. MisterT sent me a message stating that he was interested, so I handed the reigns off to him. I don't believe you asked me if you could take my idea. So at this moment, I have only given permission to MisterT to use my idea. Like I said, I don't mean to say this in an a**hole way, but I want to get my point across. Thanks for understanding.

Looks like you could use a safe space.

I'll tell you what, since you're the first person to ever dream up a bracket-style game, you can have ownership of any poorly-executed / managed such bracket I ever feel like joining.

You'd get a much better reaction if you'd just own own up to biting off more than you could chew at the moment. There are plenty of posters here who are happy for the suggestion and are happy that someone who does have the bandwidth to run it will be doing so. Your reaction now will impact how the rest of us react next time, when you have more availability to run with your next suggestion.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK, so this ran off the rails. But, the idea is still a good one and still one that I think we should pursue.

To me, the question is how do we come up with a plan that can involve people with so many different types of collections. It doesn't make any sense to say MagicPapa's Griffey collection is better or worse than Dano's Yankee autographs. Or that a team collection of the Dbacks is better of worse than someone's Bowman auto collection. They are all impressive and all can be shared here. The fact that all of these collections and collectors coexist of the boards is what makes FCB an interesting community.

So, instead of a one and done, mine is bigger than yours tournament, let's try to make this a weekly showcase of what we - as a community - have. If we are doing Bowman First one week and you don't have any, then watch, vote and comment. The idea of a tournament that involves the community means that sometimes it will play to your strengths, and sometimes it won't. If it does, then jump in. If doesn't then enjoy what other people are offering up.

I will start a new thread tomorrow (Monday, April 4) so that we can leave this baggage behind us. If you want to submit a scan for that tourney, then please do. If you have an idea for how to make it better, then please send it to me. If you just want to sit back and vote/comment, then thank you. We need that too. If you think this is stupid and you want no part of it, then don't open the threads. You always have that choice. But, I do think that it will be your loss. Because, if we do this right, there should be some very cool stuff to show off.

I hope to see you, and your collection, there.

Torrance

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I agree, lets move past this. [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION], sorry you had issues with this. It was a good idea, maybe not the right execution, but not sure you deserve all the flack you've got either. Hopefully if another threads comes up tomorrow, hopefully you can be a part of it as well. I'm looking forward to seeing some cards/items, we haven't seen before.

Ryan

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] Please delete this thread after [MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION] posts the updated thread tomorrow, thanks...

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
OK, so this ran off the rails. But, the idea is still a good one and still one that I think we should pursue.

To me, the question is how do we come up with a plan that can involve people with so many different types of collections. It doesn't make any sense to say MagicPapa's Griffey collection is better or worse than Dano's Yankee autographs. Or that a team collection of the Dbacks is better of worse than someone's Bowman auto collection. They are all impressive and all can be shared here. The fact that all of these collections and collectors coexist of the boards is what makes FCB an interesting community.

So, instead of a one and done, mine is bigger than yours tournament, let's try to make this a weekly showcase of what we - as a community - have. If we are doing Bowman First one week and you don't have any, then watch, vote and comment. The idea of a tournament that involves the community means that sometimes it will play to your strengths, and sometimes it won't. If it does, then jump in. If doesn't then enjoy what other people are offering up.

I will start a new thread tomorrow (Monday, April 4) so that we can leave this baggage behind us. If you want to submit a scan for that tourney, then please do. If you have an idea for how to make it better, then please send it to me. If you just want to sit back and vote/comment, then thank you. We need that too. If you think this is stupid and you want no part of it, then don't open the threads. You always have that choice. But, I do think that it will be your loss. Because, if we do this right, there should be some very cool stuff to show off.

I hope to see you, and your collection, there.

Torrance

Speaking of strengths, my fingers are crossed for a "Best Ass Shot on a RC" category... I'm in!

Members online

Latest posts