Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Am I not looking at the right set? I currently have the 1986 and 1987 copyrights in hand. I have the no copyright in my COMC inventory. All are the same card #.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Has anyone seen this variation or have one? I just received the middle card from ebay. It has the base finish but with flat silver foil. The card on the left is the base, and the card on the right is the tiffany.

1996_fleer_328_zpsba1b2580.jpg

Edit: I just went back through the thread and see that [MENTION=1966]Be8el0ve[/MENTION] had posted the same variation.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Is the middle one from a team set?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jan 14, 2009
Another variation to add to the 1994 Upper Deck list: Gold Backs (series 1 cards).

Came across three in a complete 1994 UD base set with a 1998 asking price! I can confirm Chipper Jones, Rickey Henderson and Ryan Klesko in this variety. These are the first of this variation type I have seen. Further confusion: Series 2 cards all have a goldish stat heading/bio area but these were very obviously gold ink.

1994 Upper Deck Base - bronze stat headings/bio data (skip-numbered series 1 only) Common
1994 Upper Deck Base - silver stat headings/bio data (skip-numbered series 1 only) Rare
1994 Upper Deck Base - gold stat headings/bio data (skip-numbered series 1 only) Rarest, it seems
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond - bronze stat headings/bio data (skip-numbered series 1 only) Common
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond - silver stat headings/bio data (skip-numbered series 1 only) Uncommon
I don't a have a pic (didn't purchase) but maybe another player-collector has an example?

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Stoked to finally land one of these beauties...Topps Gold Winner without the foil...unique because unlike a base card, there is no printed player or team name.

img708.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
1989 ProCards minor league cards, at least the blue AAA cards, all seem to have two versions. The red AA and orange A cards were only issued in team sets.
Bernardo_Brito.jpg
Missing.jpg

Courtesy of COMC.com
There is the pack issued version that was released at the end of the 1989 seaon and includes full 1989 statistics:

Bernardo_Brito.jpg
Missing.jpg

Courtesy of COMC.com

Then there is the team-set issued version that was issued earlier in the season and only has the 1988 stat line and sometimes a local sponsor's logo:

Bernardo_Brito.jpg
Missing.jpg

Courtesy of COMC.com

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Stoked to finally land one of these beauties...Topps Gold Winner without the foil...unique because unlike a base card, there is no printed player or team name.

img708.jpg

I'm going to have to check my cards when I get home, I think I have a 94 Topps with the missing gold but I don't have the 92

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Ross, in your opinion is this variation available for all cards in the set?

Geordie, I think the chances are pretty high. I've confirmed 3 copies of the Thomas over the years, and I've seen a dozen or so others. [MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION] might be the one to confer with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts