Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First it was 90 Donruss, then 88 Topps, now 90 pro set!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Some months ago, I started doing a ridiculous master set of 90 Donruss with every major and minuscule variation possible.

A few days ago I started opening 88 Topps packs looking for patterns and errors.

And last night I opened a box of 90 Pro Set Hockey and guess what? I COMPLETELY ENJOYED DOING ALL OF THIS!

I spent over two hours looking for errors in pro set (still haven't finished looking for them) and had TONS more fun than opening most anything modern within the last year ("just" vault takes that honor).

Granted, I made SCD as a pro set error contributed back in 90 so I have a love for these cards.

So has anyone here also fallen out of love with modern issues or backtracked to cards issued long ago or when they were a kid?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Once a year or so I bust 5 or 6 boxes of "childhood" wax and collate a set. Spread it out over a couple nights on vacation and it's probably the most relaxing and enjoyable nights of the year!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So has anyone here also fallen out of love with modern issues or backtracked to cards issued long ago or when they were a kid?
I never stopped collecting the '80s mass produced cards I collected as a kid.
I'm putting together a master collection of every Topps, Donruss and Fleer main, minor, food issue, small boxed and oddball sets of the '80s, and I'm almost finished.

My favorites are the small Fleer 44-card boxed sets (some had better designs than the major sets) and the cards that came in packages of food, like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Quaker Granola Bars and all the different cereal sets.

I love '80s cards because it reminds me of my childhood and the innocence of collecting for fun. And since most cards from that era are worthless, it's all about pure collecting, looking at the pictures, reading the card backs and reminiscing about the players.
Every set is in binders too, such it's like having bookshelves of baseball card history books.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
If anyone needs to unload any extra Dawson's after all that wax busting then be sure to let me know.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
[MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION], think I found a new variation, or at least one not on your site.

Just found a Modano rc with an "accent" mark above his name, similar to the vanbeisbrouck.

And btw, outside of FCB I've been constantly on that pro set page you linked above. It's awesome!

Jan 14, 2009
Oh cool, thanks! It hasn't been updated in some time. I did see a Modano like that listed on ebay some time within the last year so someone else found one too.

Members online

Latest posts