Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this a KNOWN corrected error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Unless I'm forgetting one, I don't think any company corrected error cards in their update/traded/rookie sets from the 80s.

There are two versions of this 89 update card, with and without the "'ll" under the H in pitcher.

It definitely isn't a one time print defect as most I've seen have it.

I'm sure [MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION] knows about it, but just an fyi for player/team/error collectors on here.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011

Attachments

• 1410542359794.jpg
    1410542359794.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 1410542383519.jpg
    1410542383519.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 47
Jan 14, 2009
This is the first I have seen. Lot's of 1989 Fleer variation collectors out there, the first copy listed may get some action. Good luck!

EDIT

Mike Schmidt's card comes in 2 variations. That is the first discovered 1989 Fleer Update variation. Now, I'm thinking that maybe there were two printings of this set, similar to how they used multiple printing facilities for the regular issue that year.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I have no doubt different printing plants or press runs were used for 1989 fleer (considering the product should have been mass produced plus all of the various variations out there that likely were changes from between press runs).

this heaton just looks like a print flaw to me so one press run or plant didn't have that "ii" plate flaw and another one did.

Jan 14, 2009
I have no doubt different printing plants or press runs were used for 1989 fleer (considering the product should have been mass produced plus all of the various variations out there that likely were changes from between press runs).

this heaton just looks like a print flaw to me so one press run or plant didn't have that "ii" plate flaw and another one did.
The majority of them have the errant mark. The flaw was either "corrected" or a separate run without the flaw was produced elsewhere. I know that there are two different versions of Schmidt's card so I'm going with the idea that the update set was also printed in more than one facility.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts