Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about 1991 Topps wax/cello type wrappers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
On a 91 topps kick again looking for errors and variations.

There's two types of wrappers for your basic .50 pack, wax and cellophane.

My question is, can you get errors in the cellophane wrappers because all the packs I've opened recently (15 packs) with this type of wrapper did not yield any bold logo or errors.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
@junkwaxgems
Oops [MENTION=2962]jacksoncoupage[/MENTION] , JWG is his eBay

Ryan

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
On a 91 topps kick again looking for errors and variations.

There's two types of wrappers for your basic .50 pack, wax and cellophane.

My question is, can you get errors in the cellophane wrappers because all the packs I've opened recently (15 packs) with this type of wrapper did not yield any bold logo or errors.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bold 40th logo cards CAN be found in $0.50 cellophane wrapped packs. Also in $0.99 cello packs.

Several stat errors (McGwire for example) and border errors were printed simultaneously with their corrected counterparts which explains why there are two versions in the Bold logo and Desert Shield parallel sets.

As far as I know, the major variations of Dennis Boyd, Drabek, Hoiles and Whiten are all from jumbo and jumbo cello packs. It is my belief that the the Boyd (black flag tip), Joe Morgan and a small group of others were printed in extremely small quantities. Boyd was likely a very late correction attempt.

Several collectors have emailed me stating that they have found some of the key errors in regular wax packs but that has not been my experience. I have little experience with rack packs but what I can recall, nothing major was ever pulled from them.

There are most definitely short printed codes in the Sweepstakes cards. Cards are sequentially numbered 12345-12610

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
If you find any Canseco variations, you know where to find me!

Members online

Latest posts