Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I can't play...i don't have a glove. Night Crew ep 58

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
What's going on out there tonight? Cubs/Nats turned into a pretty good series. I don't really have a rooting interest but I don't really like the Nationals for some reason, even though I'm a Dusty fan.
Couple of big auctions I'm watching finish this weekend, other than that it's all quiet for me.
Check in time

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Also for anyone keeping track, I'm still ripping pissed Farrell got fired from the Red Sox.
I get not airing dirty laundry in the media, and to a certain degree I appreciate that they didn't drag him through the mud but as a fan who wanted him to stay I want more of an explanation than they gave.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Playoff predictions.......

———————————

Cubs over Dodgers.

Astros over Yankees.

Astros over Cubs in 6.

⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾

If the Yankees were to defeat Houston, then the Cubs over Yankees.

The Cubs vs Yankees in the World Series would have the baseball Gods smiling for sure.

The worst case scenario for Major League Baseball would be a Houston vs Dodgers World Series. The ratings would be awful for that. Nobody would care outside of the western part of the country.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
What's going on out there tonight? Cubs/Nats turned into a pretty good series. I don't really have a rooting interest but I don't really like the Nationals for some reason, even though I'm a Dusty fan.
Couple of big auctions I'm watching finish this weekend, other than that it's all quiet for me.
Check in time

HOOOOOOW?????!!!!!!!

He is literally the worst.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
HOOOOOOW?????!!!!!!!

He is literally the worst.

Its all about not clogging those bases. See, baserunners can go in either direction so when you have too many at a time they can crash/pileup and "clog" the next group of runners. Dusty Baker is an expert in this subject, along with how to not clog a toilet... he simply keeps a lot of in him, because Dusty is full of sh*t. ;)

Yep he is the worst :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I sent for a TTM auto of Baker years back. I forget what I said in the letter but it was something sarcastic that I knew he wouldn't pick up on :grouphug:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I grew up a Bonds fan before that went to crap so I saw a good amount of Dusty, I don't have a power point presentation ready to support my reasoning but I just like him.

I’m an NL Central fan, I’ve seen a fair amount of Dusty as well, and I can say with 100% confidence that Dusty Baker is a ponce.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It's fine I get it, taste in managers has crazy swings. I feel like I'm in the severely small minority that thinks John Farrell should be managing in Boston next year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I completely understand. There are a lot of people who hate Tony LaRussa. I’ve had my issues with him as well, but at the end of the day I think he’s a genius.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
...but what do you think about the new genius STL has? :lol: I've seen a chess commercial of him where he is about to play a move, then someone else gives him a baseball-esque signal. . . . against a 5 year old. :| the commercial is just him cheating a kid out of a board game.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
...but what do you think about the new genius STL has? :lol: I've seen a chess commercial of him where he is about to play a move, then someone else gives him a baseball-esque signal. . . . against a 5 year old. :| the commercial is just him cheating a kid out of a board game.

Matheny should be fired.

I don’t believe he should have ever been given the job in the first place. The job was Oquendo’s to be had. LaRussa and Dave Duncan has been grooming him for the job for like a decade, then John Mozeliak’s ******* gives someone who’s never even been a bench coach. Mozeliak should be fired too.

I DID give Matheny the benefit of the doubt. I gave him a chance.

That’s over now. It’s six years in, and he continually makes the same ignorant mistakes that he did when he was a rookie manager. He hasn’t grown or adapted at all. Still makes the same rookie mistakes.

Matheny and Mozeliak have to go.

Mozeliak is the main problem. He is the reason the Cardinals are in this situation.

Actually, I blame the owners for keeping Mozeliak.

But hey, Cardinal fans are stupid. Busch will draw 3 million plus even if the team doesn’t make the playoffs.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My best Mike Matheny memory will always be the 2004 playoffs, my school newspaper reported he was missing time not to a torn labrum, but...yes you guessed it, a torn *****...100% true story.

**** the Red Sox and **** the entire city of Boston. **** the Patriots and **** Tom Brady too.

That 2004 World Series was bull****. Yeah, the Cardinals lost, but the hotel situation was complete bull****. The Red Sox ****ed over the Cardinals. Their hotel situation was like if the Cardinals booked the Red Sox a hotel in Nashville, IL for the STL games.

**** Boston.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My initial reaction when I heard about the marathon bombing is that I wish it happened at Fenway Park instead.

Yeah, that’s how much I hate the Red Sox.

If their team plane crashed I would smile.

**** Boston.

Same goes for the Patriots.

Yes, I’m aware I’m an *******. And no, I don’t care.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think Molina could slide in there at catcher when he wants to retire. Poaching an aging (but not yet retired) catcher like him or Carlos Ruiz isn't a bad way to go if you're a team with a bad manager.

**** the Red Sox and **** the entire city of Boston. **** the Patriots and **** Tom Brady too.

That 2004 World Series was bull****. Yeah, the Cardinals lost, but the hotel situation was complete bull****. The Red Sox ****ed over the Cardinals. Their hotel situation was like if the Cardinals booked the Red Sox a hotel in Nashville, IL for the STL games.

**** Boston.

Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Homer hates the Pats but has to move to Boston? that one is a good example of a strong modern episode.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I guess we're pretty far down the rabbit hole so I'll ask the question, was their a problem with the cardinals hotel in St. Louis too and that's why they couldn't win there either? I would have assumed that they stayed at their own houses in St. Louis, home field advantage and all.
I kid I kid.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I guess we're pretty far down the rabbit hole so I'll ask the question, was their a problem with the cardinals hotel in St. Louis too and that's why they couldn't win there either? I would have assumed that they stayed at their own houses in St. Louis, home field advantage and all.
I kid I kid.

Yes, there was. Honest... They ran out of gas. They...... They had a flat tire. They didn't have enough money for cab fare. Their uniforms didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole their cars. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T THEIR FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think Molina could slide in there at catcher when he wants to retire. Poaching an aging (but not yet retired) catcher like him or Carlos Ruiz isn't a bad way to go if you're a team with a bad manager.

Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Homer hates the Pats but has to move to Boston? that one is a good example of a strong modern episode.

Hahaha. I’ll have to look that up.

Members online

Latest posts