Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, was someone at Leaf advertising these as such at the Natty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Hey, [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] - were these Gwynn patches being touted as "only available at the National" at your booth? How full of crap is this seller?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29121287188...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=291212871883&_rdc=1

FYI - I sent him a legitimate message:

"I just thought you should know that Leaf sold a ton of these through their eBay account a few weeks back. After Gwynn's passing, Brian Gray (of Leaf) knew he couldn't include these in the planned product with them being unsigned.

That's why he stamped Gwynn's birth and death years in the location where the sig would be.

Every copy was a multi-color patch, and there were even differently numbered variations. (like logo patches)

If someone sold you this at the convention under the premise that they were only available then - you were lied to. Many sold as $19.99 - $29.99 BINs."

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Another seller has it listed as a National card as well on theirs...
I think this supports Moxacaine's theory that Leaf also gave them out at the National in the Leaf bucks packs or another way, and the eBay sellers probably assumed they're a National exclusive.
Or.... they're both liars.

Members online

Latest posts