Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe I will. Just had it sitting here not really sure what to make of it. On one hand, it's a regular base card. On the other, it's supposedly limited, even if only by encapsulation. Is it by any chance in beckett's checklist?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Maybe I will. Just had it sitting here not really sure what to make of it. On one hand, it's a regular base card. On the other, it's supposedly limited, even if only by encapsulation. Is it by any chance in beckett's checklist?

A similar Maddux card listed on eBay isn't in Beckett's checklist. I'd be leery of including it. I include cards such as Topps' ubiquitous blank back 1/1s, which Topps, being a card manufacturer, has some legitimacy in creating (and while the blank back concept is fairly lame, at least the card is different in some capacity). Here, however, Beckett takes a completely random card already produced, puts it in a slab, and gives it a special label. Its kind of like an unsanctioned buyback by Beckett, and no different from if you purchased a card and had it slabbed with a custom label ("Bob's 2013 Christmas self-gift" or the like).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
A similar Maddux card listed on eBay isn't in Beckett's checklist. I'd be leery of including it. I include cards such as Topps' ubiquitous blank back 1/1s, which Topps, being a card manufacturer, has some legitimacy in creating (and while the blank back concept is fairly lame, at least the card is different in some capacity). Here, however, Beckett takes a completely random card already produced, puts it in a slab, and gives it a special label. Its kind of like an unsanctioned buyback by Beckett, and no different from if you purchased a card and had it slabbed with a custom label ("Bob's 2013 Christmas self-gift" or the like).

True. The only reason I would consider it even one bit different is because unlike the bolded above, beckett is actually a major player in the hobby and this was an actual promotion with many players. Plus they have had actual Beckett promos and samples over the years. So in my eyes it's a little different than your example. In any case, I'm still debating.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Some new pickups:

2005 Diamond Kings Combos Auto Silver #348 4/5
This completes the mini rainbow of the bronze, silver, and gold Combos Autos for #348 all /5

2004 Donruss Elite Status Gold /24

2004 Donruss Elite Status 1/5

98 UD3 Rainbow Gold Die-Cut /100
This was on the most wanted list and I finally found one.

Dan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Well, i have returned home from visiting my parents and brothers for christmas break. Among a few bubble envelopes of goodies from a few ebay purchases was my order from paul @casebusters. Remember that huge unit of cards he bought, and that flat of Bagwells he had? Well, i bought it. The flat wouldnt ship, so he sent me two priority boxes and the contents consist of this.

20140104_141621_zps59058f83.jpg

i am thouroughly exhausted and jet lagged, but i cant help but open a couple...

20140104_141632_zpsf5ce06ac.jpg

well, i opened both handmade boxes containing all the toploader cards. And this lot would have been the greatest thing since sliced bread, for the Astroburn of ten years ago. Of the two boxes i have opened thus far, i needed four cards. So, before i plow thru the boxes of non top loader cards, which will more than likely be base cards, im gonna take a nap. Looks like i just purchased a whole bunch of future ebay listings.

Anyone have an actual Bagwell want list i can fill?

gojacks63

Jan 23, 2013
Hey guys, I would really like to make a master list of the Bagwells I have and need. Can anyone help me out? Any suggestions?

Collecting everything Astros!!!!!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nate, did you get that high five? My stuff came in and that leaf was indeed the promo thanks to your eagle eye! Timtom, I'll look through your lists soon.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys, I would really like to make a master list of the Bagwells I have and need. Can anyone help me out? Any suggestions?

Collecting everything Astros!!!!!

I have to say that i am thoroughly impressed with Nicks [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] list. It sure would be nice if he were to make a Bagwell one for us, that we can edit ourselves. (Hint hint)

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Nate, did you get that high five? My stuff came in and that leaf was indeed the promo thanks to your eagle eye! Timtom, I'll look through your lists soon.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I'm super glad it turned out to be the promo!

I did get that high five! And it is different. I will get pics up soon. And did you have a needs list at all? I would love to see if you needed any of these Bagwells, but i feel that you are probably in the same boat as me. I wonder if Dan [MENTION=9871]timtom[/MENTION] needs some of these, and [MENTION=10787]Chevelle210[/MENTION], and now [MENTION=9090]gojacks63[/MENTION]. I think i may need to make a list. Lots and lots and lots of doubles upon doubles...

Latest posts