Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 UD Decade 70s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I really loved this issue when it was new. I wish they had done other decades, but one curiosity. Does anyone own one of the patch cards or have you even seen one? I wanted the Willie Davis card when these first hit the streets and can't say that I've ever even seen one of them. Maybe this was a "never issued" checklist item?

[h=3]Patch Relics[/h]P-JM Jon Matlack
P-JP Jim Perry
P-KG Ken Griffey, Sr.
P-LA Luis Aparicio
P-LP Lou Piniella
P-MW Maury Wills
P-NR Nolan Ryan
P-RC Roberto Clemente
P-RF Rollie Fingers
P-RG Ron Guidry
P-RJ Reggie Jackson
P-RP Rico Petrocelli
P-SB Sal Bando
P-TM Tug McGraw
P-TS Tom Seaver
P-WD Willie Davis
P-WR Willie Randolph
P-WS Willie Stargell
P-KG Ken Griffey, Sr.

I just did another search and found my first photo evidence!

http://maurywills.com/mw/Pics_ViewCollection.aspx?ID=1

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I enjoyed that set, too. I am pretty sure I recall seeing patches one ebay back in they day, but never acquired any. Definitely rare, I want to say the print run was like 10 copies or something like that. Don't remember specifically, that's the number that pops into my head.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
You know it's a tough set when you can't find a single one on Ebay. I know I used to own a Maury Wills and maybe a Jim Kaat. I remember winning the Wills at open auction for around $40-50 and selling it a year or two later for $50-60. I've been collecting Aparicio patches for years and I don't think I've ever seen one of him.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Loved this set as a whole too an considered trying a master set at one point. I have a few autos, jersey, and bats. Never tracked down a patch though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for that. Nothing eye popping, but definitely not an easy card to find. I see someone marked one of the Wills cards 1/500 and was asking $40! There was even a Davis card to view, both Dodgers covered. I will say I am a bit disappointed in how it looked after all this time though. A nice red patch piece with some blue would have been outstanding, given the rareness.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I loved this set. Even did the bat set:
A-B-WEBSITE.jpg

C-F-WEBSITE.jpg

G-J-WEBSITE.jpg

J-R-WEBSITE.jpg

R-T-WEBSITE.jpg

T-W-WEBSITE.jpg

Members online