Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Excellent Greenberg signed vintage post card pick up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Gents,

This came in the other day, and I am very very excited about it. This post card is from 1956 (also happens to be the year Hank Greenberg was inducted into the Hall of Fame) and go for a nice premium since they pre-date the current yellow Hall of Fame post cards still being produced now. I have seen these go for upwards of $400 at shows before, so when the opportunity came for me to pick this up at a fraction of the price, I couldn't resist. I love the fact that we can see the history of it, who it was addressed to, and when it was post marked. I think it's a unique look at the past and always love to see the history of our hobby.

It will be off to SGC, eventually.

Enjoy!

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011

Now that is a nice pickup. I'm with you I really enjoy the postcards that were actually sent through the mail so you can see the postmark of when it was sent (as well as who it was sent to). That postage stamp looks so nice and clear as well; like it was just stamped.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Very nice buddy! What's the differences between that one and the yellow current ones?

Thanks,
Jeff
It seems only the color of the front of the post card and who produced it. Beginning in 1965 the Hall of Fame post cards were produced by the Hall of Fame and no longer by Artvue which was a post card company located in NY.

Also, the Artvue post cards are much more rare as a collectible as they feature fewer subjects.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Nice addition, Chip! I didn't realize Greenberg still signed TTM, I'll have to send him some cards...

Members online