Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Originals Wrestling series 2 ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Leaf Trading Cards ‏@Leaf_Cards
Originals wrestling selling great! Suggestions for the next set?

Let's hear who you want for next release if it happens down the road.

Cuts would be nice Andre, Crusher, Bruiser, Brody, Blackwell, Macho Man, ect.

Base unsigned cards with limited one's and superfractors.

Some limited inscriptions set

I'd make autos less per pack and have base unsigned cards in various levels. Maybe make sure ever card is less than 99 made.

Guys I'd like to see in it Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon, Baron Von Raschke, Gagne, Austin Idol, Ole Anderson, Snuka, Ken Patera, Fabulous Ones Steve Kiern and Stan Lane, Killer Kahn, Haku, Tommy Rich, Boggie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant, Larry Ax Henning, Cyndi Lauper, Mr T, Dynamite Kid, X Pac, Don Murraco, Mr Fuji, Arn Anderson, Sandman, Whipwreck, Nick Bockwinkel, Masked Superstar.. Would love Sgt. Slaughter but I think he still works with WWE. I know those guys could not be had

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
plus...

cuts: owen hart, any von erichs, eddy guerrero,benoit, curt henning, ms. elizabeth
autos:ultimate warrior, demolition ax and smash, bushwackers luke and butch, any ecw orginal

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'd like to see a 'signature moves' parallel that features the players doing their respective signature moves, or depictions doing what they are known for.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Base cards would be a plus. Was also thinking Dynamite Kid would be great. Are both of the Killer Bees still alive? Steamboat?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Dynamite Kid lives in Europe now and in wheelchair. Highspots is coming out with a documentary on him and all weird stuff he was involved in. Should be good. Sure he would like the cash, but getting cards back and forth with him could be a issue. A dual auto of Dynamye and Rogeau brother he got his teeth knocked out from would be a nice piece of wrestling history.

Also Dr. D Dave Redneck Schultz would be cool seeing him get a card. Always liked when slapped around the 20/20 reporter making fun of wrestling.

Killers Bees are still around. Not sure, but I think Steamboat might still be working with WWE. So probably BG couldn't get him.
Sunny would be a nice get, but she probably would be a headcase like Chyna and not get done.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Dynamite Kid lives in Europe now and in wheelchair. Highspots is coming out with a documentary on him and all weird stuff he was involved in. Should be good. Sure he would like the cash, but getting cards back and forth with him could be a issue. A dual auto of Dynamye and Rogeau brother he got his teeth knocked out from would be a nice piece of wrestling history.

Also Dr. D Dave Redneck Schultz would be cool seeing him get a card. Always liked when slapped around the 20/20 reporter making fun of wrestling.

Killers Bees are still around. Not sure, but I think Steamboat might still be working with WWE. So probably BG couldn't get him.
Sunny would be a nice get, but she probably would be a headcase like Chyna and not get done.

Yeah did you read Dynamite's book? I've got a copy around here somewhere if anyone's interested. Pretty good read with some great stories though at times he comes off as a little out of touch and possibly having some mental health issues. Documentary could be cool

Last edited:

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
No cuts IMO. I really like the first set and am putting it together. Cuts would make this impossible. It's a set builder's set as everything is affordable.

Lots of great names to get though. First and foremost, Goldberg.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Pure Dynamite is a great book. Good read for wrestling fans. So many stories around about Dynamite, hard to know what is truth and fabrication.
I know Mick Foley talks in his book about the beating the Bulldogs laid on him in his first WWF match.
The backstage fights with Rogeau brothers. Dynamite being bully behind scenes is interesting stuff.

Davey Boy Smith would be a nice cut.

Would anybody want relics in another release?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
NO RELICS!! Hate them.

And cuts should be saved for some type of high-end "ultimate" wrestling. Keep this series with the same design, keep the prices affordable, and make it easy to complete the auto set.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
No cuts IMO. I really like the first set and am putting it together. Cuts would make this impossible. It's a set builder's set as everything is affordable.

Lots of great names to get though. First and foremost, Goldberg.

I do agree the first release is about perfect. Autos prices are very affordable. A lot of variety in alternate photos, levels/colors, rainbows to chase ect.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I would keep it exactly the same as the first set with new names. Plenty of guys out there.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
He had to push back this set 3 months from initial release date.... Do you think he would go through that again for another set?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
King Kong Bundy would be a good get.

BG I know reading Tony Atlas book he is real big into doing drawings/sketches. Would be cool to have him do some original sketches for next series. Lawler does them for Topps WWE stuff.

Have to go back and watch wrestle mania 2 where they had big battle royal with bunch NFL guys in it. William Perry was in it if I recall. He would be a nice auto to get in set. Mongo and his ex Debra would be cool.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Lawrence Taylor would be AWESOME for the set. He main evented against Bam Bam Bigalow in a pretty damn good match.