Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Well stuck needing four more for a while, my hat is off to all you set collectors, this is painful. still need patterns 1, 71, 77, 86

This is like the 2009 YSL a ton of cards I just wonder if that set will become like this set at some point. I agree though for the people who made this set are crazy patient. I heard a guy made the Diffractor set as well now that is even crazier I wish I remembered his name as he showed me it a long time ago. I wonder what that would go for if he sold it as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dec 4, 2008
Hey, hey! A fellow Chipper fan!

Let me know if you decide to take it on. I probably have some doubles sitting around. I also have a near complete dupe set of 1999 Tek from my painstaking chase there over the years.
Last summer there was a full 1998 Tek Chipper set on ebay. I agreed with my hardcore Chipper collector buddy to not bid and he got the set at around $2/card - a total steal. He was going to sell me the bulk of them as he already had a partial set...but then he had a baby arrive and has been distracted for the past year. So maybe, just maybe, I can get both of us a lot closer to a 1998 set!

Tons of other Chipper (approx 20k cards) in stock if you ever want to trade/sell/buy. Just PM me. Thanks.

You guys have got me wanting to start a chipper Jones collection. ...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Stumbled across 3 teks in a box. Probably from the only pack I ever bought back in 1998.

Lankford p60
Larkin p85
Renteria p59

Let me know if anyone needs these.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
So, I've been holding at seven cards left for Robin Ventura for a bit. I've collected the other three White Sox players in the set (Belle and Thomas in Sox unis, Paul Konerko in a reds uni) a bit randomly. I know Frank would be a bear at this point, so I've held off. I finally decided to dive in on Konerko, and all of a sudden I'm only 11 cards left to complete that set. It would be crazy to be complete the Konerko before Ventura since I've been working on Ventura much longer, but it will keep my focused I suppose.

So, if anyone has extra Konerkos, let me know.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Thanks [MENTION=1939]David Campos[/MENTION] for the trade! Hit my goal of nine diff Griffey Diffractors to fill an album page and get to mark another Buhner base off my list. Technically still need one more Griffey Diffractor for my Diffractor set.

attachment.php

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Thanks [MENTION=1939]David Campos[/MENTION] for the trade! Hit my goal of nine diff Griffey Diffractors to fill an album page and get to mark another Buhner base off my list. Technically still need one more Griffey Diffractor for my Diffractor set.

attachment.php

Diffractors are so tuff to find, and a Griffey has to be super tuff.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So, I've been holding at seven cards left for Robin Ventura for a bit. I've collected the other three White Sox players in the set (Belle and Thomas in Sox unis, Paul Konerko in a reds uni) a bit randomly. I know Frank would be a bear at this point, so I've held off. I finally decided to dive in on Konerko, and all of a sudden I'm only 11 cards left to complete that set. It would be crazy to be complete the Konerko before Ventura since I've been working on Ventura much longer, but it will keep my focused I suppose.

So, if anyone has extra Konerkos, let me know.
How far or close are you on the Belle side of things? I have a bunch of doubles, so could probably help you. I will PM you.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
How far or close are you on the Belle side of things? I have a bunch of doubles, so could probably help you. I will PM you.

I'll double check. I've always held off on collecting him until you finished yours. He only played with the Sox for two years, so my priority has been Ventura first. Not that I'm closing in on him, it might be fun to pick up Belle. I'll shoot you a message later.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Lot of 2 Ken Griffey Jr. Graded PSA 8 Cards 1998 Tek #30 , Gallery #PG5
Item # 131617511070
Shipping: Free shipping

95% sure this is a hidden slabbed Griffey diffractor, but the scan is so blurry I can't make out the pattern. For $9.99 and free shipping, I rolled the dice.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Lot of 2 Ken Griffey Jr. Graded PSA 8 Cards 1998 Tek #30 , Gallery #PG5
Item # 131617511070
Shipping: Free shipping

95% sure this is a hidden slabbed Griffey diffractor, but the scan is so blurry I can't make out the pattern. For $9.99 and free shipping, I rolled the dice.

My money is on base. The patterns that look like chains or swirls really picks up some interesting light. I wish you the best, but if it is a Diffractor I'll be sick to my stomach. I must have looked at that listing three times.

Members online

Latest posts