Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Job Search/What do you do for a living?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Human Resource Manager for a large retail home improvement chain. Going back to school in the fall to earn an additional degree in Human Services while still working full time and hoping to write a book in the near future.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Asst. Mgr. at Church's Chicken restaurant

94ShowStopper.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
To the OP, I know what it is like to have to walk away from a job due to a horrible atmosphere. I was once the sales rep/manager for a globally leading company throughout the north-east (predominately NY) and after 7 years just quit on the spot. Walked away from a nice salary, company car, 5 weeks vacation, nice bonuses, and all the benefits there in.

This was about 4 years ago and it was a uncertain time as I had a young family to support. However I took the oppertunity to start my own business and could not be happier. More free time, more money, and I am my own boss.

Good luck!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
To the OP, I know what it is like to have to walk away from a job due to a horrible atmosphere. I was once the sales rep/manager for a globally leading company throughout the north-east (predominately NY) and after 7 years just quit on the spot. Walked away from a nice salary, company car, 5 weeks vacation, nice bonuses, and all the benefits there in.

This was about 4 years ago and it was a uncertain time as I had a young family to support. However I took the oppertunity to start my own business and could not be happier. More free time, more money, and I am my own boss.

Good luck!

Thanks! Definitely a little uncertain, but trying not to get overwhelmed, trying not to get too caught up in it and take the time to explore the options.

eddiejr

Nov 8, 2015
I hated driving one of those . I was unloading 10/15 trailers a day plus finding a place to put inventory on a regular forklift in eleven hours a day . just retired

10-15 trailers a day, wow! Most days aren't that bad, I hate inbounding though, I'm all about the outbounds. Congrats on the retirement.

I'm in Kunkletown, kinda...more like the village of Jonas, with a Kunkletown mailing address

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Very cool! Don't really travel out that way much, every now and then we'll head out to Country Junction.

I'm in Berwick... right outside of Bloomsburg and bout half an hour from Scranton...

Kevin

Very cool as well! Don't really travel out much there either, we did go to a Rail Riders game late last season, shortly before Aaron Judge got called up.
We wanted to grab some Jet's Pizza (according to google it was the only one anywhere near us), we used to get it quite frequently when we lived in FL. Turns out they closed a week prior : /
Other than that I had a blast at my first minor league game.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Out of college I got "stuck" as a General Merchadise Manager for Albertsons for 12 years as it was a safe job. Left for 3 years to work for myself out of house with cards / memorabilia. Then it was becoming tough so went to work for Wells Fargo in Credit Card division. Also play around with trying to decide if working for myself is worth shot again. At a crossroads with relationships, housing, jobs, etc right now as I too hate being unhappy at any point. Good luck to you.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Im a heat treat furnace operator at Ford Motor Company. Pay & benefits are great thanks to the UAW. Love the job.

furnace.jpg furnace2.jpg

Fordman

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts