Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Luis Severino

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
So, anyone got a bold prediction for Severino tonight versus the hapless, dismal, borderline pathetic last place Red Sox?

I'll guess 6 IN, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 7 K

If the Sox get to him in the 1st...

5 IN, 6 H, 3 R, 4 BB, 5 K

NOTES from MLB:

Severino, the Yankees' No. 1 prospect according to MLB.com, posted a 1.91 ERA in 11 starts with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, despite being six years younger than the average player at that level.

Severino will become the 14th Yankee to debut this season, by far the most in the Majors. At 21 years, 166 days old, he'll be the youngest Major Leaguer to make a start this season.

Since 1965, only two Yankees pitchers -- Randy Keisler and Sam Militello -- have made their Major League debuts as a starter against the Red Sox.

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm just happy the Yanks are giving him a chance. They need to blend in some youth.
DANNY

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Kid looked very impressive tonight. One mistake pitch for a solo shot to a clutch, Yankee-killer in Ortiz. Everything he threw was hard. His change-up was 90 mph!!!

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Funny I predicted 7 k's as well....Who gets it?

I think I should because......well I think that's only fair :D

I predicted 6 IN 7 K also. Great minds think alike! :)

BTW, if it wasn't for the error, he would have thrown a one-hitter, at least through 5 IN.

Final line:

5 IN 2 H 1 ER 0 BB 7 K

I thought he'd be a littler nervous and walk more guys, but that's impressive he didn't walk a batter, and Boston is a patient team at the plate. He made some filthy pitches when on the brink of walking someone. I like to see that kind of mentality and execution!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I predicted 6 IN 7 K also. Great minds think alike! :)

BTW, if it wasn't for the error, he would have thrown a one-hitter, at least through 5 IN.

Final line:

5 IN 2 H 1 ER 0 BB 7 K

I thought he'd be a littler nervous and walk more guys, but that's impressive he didn't walk a batter, and Boston is a patient team at the plate. He made some filthy pitches when on the brink of walking someone. I like to see that kind of mentality and execution!

He looked fantastic for the most part. I'm really mad at myself for not buy more than one auto cuz they'll probably go up

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
He looked fantastic for the most part. I'm really mad at myself for not buy more than one auto cuz they'll probably go up

I've got a $125 offer on my Severino ref auto /499 right now, which just came back BGS 9.5/10. Raw high sale was $90 last night, and I do think the gem will go up, but $125 is not bad, esp considering his raw was selling for $50 earlier this week.

I have his dual auto /99 with Gary Sanchez also, from 2015 Bowman, and a couple nice parallels /25 from Bowman 2014 BC and 2015 B. I have a huge lot of 178 chrome, paper, and inserts from 2014 BC, 2014 BDP, and 2015 B, but not sure if I should sell as a big lot, or break it down. What would you recommend?

Members online

Latest posts