Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Bunt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
Just updated and opened, looks interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
My app updated and I have noticed that the "melding" of base cards was overhauled. What are your initial thoughts and impressions of Bunt 18?

PS: With the 'free' packs timer thingy I doubt I'll be buying packs of base cards and instead I'll wait on insert packs to start arriving tomorrow.

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
My app updated and I have noticed that the "melding" of base cards was overhauled. What are your initial thoughts and impressions of Bunt 18?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I guess my original impression is overwhelmed...will be able to provide more thoughts as the season goes on, but right now, it’s just overwhelmed

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
I guess my original impression is overwhelmed...will be able to provide more thoughts as the season goes on, but right now, it’s just overwhelmed

lol, agreed, overwhelming is what I'm thinking also but initial impressions--being what they are--is all we've got at this time. I do wish they'd picked a new player in the icon for the app but whatever. I'll be reading those in app news articles for a while...

EDIT: My onboarding welcome pack was pretty good: Harper, Rosario, Donaldson, Blackmon, Chapman and Freeman. Hope that's a sign of good pulls to come!

Last edited:

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
Ok having a day to mess with it my early impression is that all of the changes Topps made to the app have to do with getting the user to spend as much TIME on the app as humanly possible (and spend diamonds). The countdown to free packs timer (+ notifications) and card fusion seem to be gimmicks geared to make the user open the app again and again. It would seem that melding is being hosed by fusion and the jury is still out on the contests.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I agree that the app has been redesigned to keep you hooked for as long as possible.

I don't know yet if I like the Fusion idea better than melding. Five cards in exchange for one random of the higher parallel will mean more trading I think. And why have you wait 5 minutes to see what card your Fusion yielded, other than the obvious opportunity to get users to spend diamonds (a.k.a. real money). I still have no clue what "Fusion Rewards Refresh" and "Active Fusion" on the home screen do.

I do like the new design though.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm sure most people have realized this already, but the first few XP levels are relatively close together (a few hundred points apart). You have the weekend to meld your 2017 Series 2 cards and get level award cards, which also refills your tickets. Use up the tickets for Batter Up or Prize Wheel, meld some more, and repeat.

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
I'm sure most people have realized this already, but the first few XP levels are relatively close together (a few hundred points apart). You have the weekend to meld your 2017 Series 2 cards and get level award cards, which also refills your tickets. Use up the tickets for Batter Up or Prize Wheel, meld some more, and repeat. [/url]

I reckon I'm not "most people" so to this amounts to a big head up for me thanks! I wasn't planning on melding anymore 2017 cards since they aren't usable in contests but my prize wheel does have a shiny 25K gold coin card which I wouldn't mind having more tickets/spins at before it disappears in 6 hours. (even though I still don't know how to use the coin cards lol)

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
Got it! Thanks again
fdb5437efd87c5b06c19a6486b1703bd.jpg

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I'm sure most people have realized this already, but the first few XP levels are relatively close together (a few hundred points apart). You have the weekend to meld your 2017 Series 2 cards and get level award cards, which also refills your tickets. Use up the tickets for Batter Up or Prize Wheel, meld some more, and repeat.

You are a smart man. It didn’t occur to me to meld for quick XP. Thanks.

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the heads up on the melding tip, up to level 10.

Can also trade gold sets. Anyone up for trading?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I wish they reworked the contest card selection. On my smartphone, the cards available to play are so small you can hardly read the player name. I wish they had a list view (or only showed cards 2 wide instead of 3 wide). I don't care about reading them once I put them up above in the 9 cards that are being played.

Members online