Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the biggest deal (trade or sale) done on FCB before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just curious. Whether on the transaction thread or just among FCB members who know each other, what is the biggest deal done? It can be a straight sale or a trade which was large in value as well. I just have seen a few items in the transaction thread for $1k+ and I'm guessing no deal has ever been done for that kind of money but I could be wrong?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Back in the early FCb days I did a few multiple thousand dollar cards
bought some big lots too
it was hopping back then

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Its all relative, really. I mean, [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] were doing huge deals back before prohibition...wait, I am getting my "cases" mixed up...

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I bought 2 2010 Bowman Jumbo cases from a member back in 2010. I don't know the exact amount paid but it had to be around 2 grand.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Back in the early FCb days I did a few multiple thousand dollar cards
bought some big lots too
it was hopping back then
Interesting. I figured possibly some bigger deals were done but I was just curious because sometimes I see a card for sale on here for like a few grand and I think to myself no chance that gets any bites but that is why I'm asking.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
To answer my own thread, I was contacted on here by a Belle collector who I had not met previously who was exiting the hobby and wanted to deal with me directly for the sale of his collection. All-in-all I probably paid him $1,000 or so over the course of a month or two before getting all the cards that I needed. I guess that's the biggest deal I've done but it wasn't exactly posted on FCB and I was a bidder or someone who was offering on a single card or lot at a single time. Still FCB helped facilitate him finding me, etc. Thankful for that.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Biggest sale I made here I believe was $5000.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
if I could ever get myself to sell anything, I could contribute to this post :-?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Does wax count?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Sure, I suppose. Just curious what larger dollar transactions actually take place either on FCB or because of someone you know on FCB or whatever. Wax I'm sure happens more than others but it was mostly because I had seen some single cards on the transaction thread for over $1,000 and just didn't think there was any chance something of that price point or range would get any bites on here but maybe they do.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
Just curious, wasn't there some initiative in the works to revitalize the transaction boards? When Chris gave way to the new generation of FCB superstars? Would be great to see increased activity over there and become a viable alternative to BO.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I sold ten '03 BCDP Delmon Young autographed rookies to an FCB member for a cool $1000 when Young was called up.
I kind of felt bad later when the prices plummetted because the guy I sold the cards to was really nice. Hopefully he sold the cards before the value tanked. I haven't seen him post in a couple of years though.

Members online

Latest posts