Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
LOVE IT! I'll eventually need to get one myself.

Always wanted this one and finally picked one up:

c96651343b85b652bc2f4e1f435b6ac9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
There are tons of these but I think they were 2015 or 2016. Can't remember which. They did a quasi buyback program and re-released all of the '10's with a hand numbered serial number. Not sure if they were buybacks or just the factory replacements being redistributed.

So what do you think avoid, seems to cheap if it is legit and I did not see it on Beckett,but that does not always mean anything either.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
So what do you think avoid, seems to cheap if it is legit and I did not see it on Beckett,but that does not always mean anything either.

Not many people were into the originals let alone the buybacks so low prices don't surprise me one bit. I don't have a checklist of all of these because I didn't go after them unfortunately but they were released in 2015. It looks legit at least.

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
Not many people were into the originals let alone the buybacks so low prices don't surprise me one bit. I don't have a checklist of all of these because I didn't go after them unfortunately but they were released in 2015. It looks legit at least.
I agree that legit, but they sell for nothing. A 1/1 auto sold well under $100 and an auto /2 sold a little over $50. I don't follow the jersey cards but I imagine they are dirt cheap.

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I remember seeing these for sale, occasionally autographed, at the local card shops back in the 80's. I only remember seeing the McGwire/Canseco versions, though. Pretty sure the photos were done by a NorCal-area photographer, like I said, these were always at the local shops. Not sure how rare or valuable they'd be considered.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Back talks about Mr.40/40 so after 88 just hoping someone knows more one of the others on here pointed that out. I think its got to be early by the looks of them

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
I think the photo is from '87 because that was Reggie's last year playing in Oakland.

EDIT: Those look like the '88-89 jerseys...Maybe a retirement ceremony day / photoshoot???

Last edited:

GucciMac

Aug 12, 2017
Hollywood, CA
IMG_2292.jpg

These came in the mail early last week. I thought the PSA sample was kinda cool for $5ish. Really happy about the '90 Aqueous Test. Wasn't sure if I'd ever find one.

Members online

Latest posts