Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************* Morning Thread *************** 7/3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning! Be safe and have fun on all your 4th of July celebrations.

Small Vlad pickup - /25.

$_57.JPG

Also discovered a new benefit to having a website: getting books sent to me free from publishers for review. I requested two books, one from the University of Nebraska Press and one from University of Illinois Press, to review on my Cap Anson and Hack Wilson sites, and ended up getting three books sent to me (one isn't even published yet), about $75 in books free! Just had to fill out some info and show links to the book review pages on my sites. Nice way to add to my Cubs library. Got some summer reading to do now:

51LXC-g7C8L.jpg

51Su%2BiXtR%2BL.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning! Be safe and have fun on all your 4th of July celebrations.

Small Vlad pickup - /25.

$_57.JPG

Also discovered a new benefit to having a website: getting books sent to me free from publishers for review. I requested two books, one from the University of Nebraska Press and one from University of Illinois Press, to review on my Cap Anson and Hack Wilson sites, and ended up getting three books sent to me (one isn't even published yet), about $75 in books free! Just had to fill out some info and show links to the book review pages on my sites. Nice way to add to my Cubs library. Got some summer reading to do now:

51LXC-g7C8L.jpg

51Su%2BiXtR%2BL.jpg

That's awesome! Reminds me of this...

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404399359.064042.jpg

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
G'morning fellas. Tried to sleep I this morning, to no avail. Went with the wife and kids to swimming lessons instead. Just got home. Have a couple packages to get out, then mowing the yard and working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkd

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good afternoon all. Had some good news at work today. We are getting off work at three this afternoon. We worked through 3 breaks earlier this week, so he's letting us leave early due to missing the breaks.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
As Ive said a few times in here before, there are a few MTers that I consider family. My good buddy Ken [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] was kinda enough to set aside some promos to send my way because he knows that I collect them. He also told me that he had a John Farrell World Series signed baseball to send to me, so I knew that I was going to have an awesome mailday to share.

The part that I didn't know about was that Ken had tossed in another BGS card that he had dupes of...
image.jpg

Now how GREAT is that?!?!
:grouphug:

Needless to say I will be finding some stuff to repay Ken for this awesome gesture.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
That's an awesome mail day Dan! An even more awesome gesture from [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION]! I had no mail today. I was hoping a TTM return would show up just to help me with my withdrawals. I do plan on writing some more up this weekend though

A_Pharis

twilliamsfake.jpg

And he's 100% serious.

Lonnie Sanderson Make offer I also have a little card that came with it stating the printing plate for it was destroyed by MASTERPIECE COLLECTABLES!! True 1/1

Lonnie Sanderson I think it may be One of the First 1 of 1 ever made it has the Year 1989 on it and even then they were having trouble centering Cards.

Lonnie Sanderson $80.00 sounds fair anybody with this type of name that is associated with a 1 of 1 can bring stupid money granted it is unusually but if I had one of my favorite players on a card like this I can promise I would not sell it.. Oh ya I collect KEN GRIFFEY JR. If anybody has a serious trade for it.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Mail
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404438955.771913.jpg

Funny it came from Burbank. They've had this exact one described on Beckett marketplace forever and I inquired about it months ago. (No pic) the dude responded they basically didn't have time to take a pic. Then it shows up on eBay 2 weeks ago

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I love sweet spot autos. I wish i could find a way to incorporate more of em into my PC. Only player I PC that has a SS auto is Bo. I do have a Griffey red ink and a Dale Murphy, along with some no name dude.

MiscPC0001_zpsb849c583.jpg

May250001_zpsaf0a64c4.jpg

Mail
View attachment 37575

Funny it came from Burbank. They've had this exact one described on Beckett marketplace forever and I inquired about it months ago. (No pic) the dude responded they basically didn't have time to take a pic. Then it shows up on eBay 2 weeks ago

Members online

Latest posts